Help on new build need extender/adapter

Prada0007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
I recently ordered all the parts for a new comp at under $1300 total. Here is a list of the parts:
Case
CD/DVD burner
DDR2 Memory
Hard Drive
CPU
Sound Card
Video Card
Motherboard
PSU
Monitor

I've already received and put the comp together, but there is a small problem. With the case I bought holding the PSU at the bottom I'm having trouble with connecting the 4pin PSU power to the motherboard. It can reach far enough to touch the socket, but not far enough to go in. Plus I have the X1900GT in there which isn't helping. I've tried looking all over the net and tried my local fry's, but an extender/adapter doesn't seem to exist for what I need. Here is a pic of the motherboard with the connector in question highlighted:

psuconnector.jpg

I'm looking for any help so that I can finally get the comp running.

Prada0007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
Ok just tried that and it still doesn't reach far enough to plug in. I tried with the video card removed and it still wont plug in. I just need to find an 8pin female to 4pin male adapter and I'd be set, but only 8pin male to 4pin female ones seem to exist.

Prada0007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
Well thats about the last choice I have. I tried all over newegg and my local fry's, but got nothing. The ppl working at fry's said the had never even seen what I was looking for. I was hoping to have this comp built before this week was up, but now it looks like it may be a while. The mail problem with finding an adapter/extender is that when ever I say 4pin all I get are the connectors you use for case fans. With the CPU 4pin and case fan 4pin basically have the same name it makes things that much harder to figure out.

Prada0007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006

Thank you so much. I couldn't for the life of me figure out a way to search for it so that I would get the connector I needed.

TRENDING THREADS