Nvidia Raid problem. Please help me.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
This morning I turn on my pc and got this message.

"NVIDIA RAID Service English language has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I press the "Send Error Report" which of course didn't do anything of course. Although I don't have any problem that I know off. I run my games fine, I have the same benchmarks for the raid. As far as I know nothing is bad.

I did not do anything to the pc. It just appear today.

But I wonder what causes this error and how will it going to affect my pc and most importantly how can I fixed this problem.

I research this with google and yahoo and I saw couple of forums regarding about it. It was mentioned however there's no information on how to fixed this problem.

Here's the screen capture of the error:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well since the problem first came up, every time the window boot up it gives me this error message. But I reformatted my hard drive and reinstall again and never have an error message now. I still don't know what causes it but it never gave me a problem but just the annoying message during boot up.

JMecc

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
If I am correct, this is just a raid service to use from within windows and does not need to be installed for raid use. I have a similar one for my Asus A7N8X-E Dx that I never use (installed it and then uninstalled when I saw it didn't help me). The raid driver loaded during windows install with F6 is what controls the raid set, so if you don't change this set often (most don't without formatting), there is no need for the utility. I would just uninstall it if there are issues like you encountered (the system works fine before you install this software utility).

Jo

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well I'm using Nvidia raid for my 2 74Gb raptor raid 0 configuration. From what I know the Nvidia raid service english language software is suppose to maximize performance and it is activated during boot up. I did install the F6 driver when installing the windows OS. So now my system runs fine as well as my raid.