what should be the target temps when ocing an e6400?

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
right now in TAT im getting low 50s when it idles. under load it reachess high 60s.

im using stock cooling.

if i begin to oc, what should be the target idle/load *in TAT becuase i know different progams read diferent temps*

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
i'd suggest you get yourself a nice cooler like mine or arctic freezer, etc.
my oced rig has the about the same TAT temps you have on stock speed/cooling!

DiverDave

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
right now in TAT im getting low 50s when it idles. under load it reachess high 60s.

im using stock cooling.

if i begin to oc, what should be the target idle/load *in TAT becuase i know different progams read diferent temps*

With a AF7 Pro and default settings I'm getting ~40C at idle at at 100% load it will reach about 58 or so on TAT.

I also have AS5 which says that it takes about 200hrs to set up properly. I probably won't overclock until I'm sure that the components I have are broken in and any instabilities are a result of the overclocking not some defective part.

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
i am using as5 now.

im probably gonna get an aftermarket cooler in november, but until then im stuck stock.

dave... are you ocing?

assman what is your cooler?

i havent decided whether im gonna go cheap and get an artic freezer, or spend more money on a nicer one.

also considering a northbridge cooler (or mab ill just throw a fan on there) because im using gigabyte s3 mobo and the northbridge GETS HOTT

DiverDave

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
No I haven't OCed yet. Everything is still new (finished the build last weekend). I want a week or so more of running since I just made it my main machine this weekend before I start pushing it a bit.

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
i think im gonna get one of those 120mm heat pipe coolers.

i just hate thinking that my cpu runs hot.

i leave it on 24/7 (too lazy to turn off) so i want nice cool temps

stuck between tuniq tower, big typhoon (i might be able to get one of these for 20$) and scythe ninja.

which of these do you recommend? im not worried temps wise, but ease of installation, quality of build etc. all of em cool pretty close (im pretty sure the tuniq is the winner tho)

any of you guys have experience with htese?