Sign in with
Your question

Will agp card work in a PCIE slot?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 28, 2006 3:33:01 PM

Hey
I have an Asus mobo and it's got 2 PCIE slots; I dont have a PCIE video card yet.
I am wondering if I could put my agp video card in the PCIE slot till I get my new video card, like in a couple days.

Anyone know if it'll work? I dont want to try it without knowing cus I'd hate to fry my new mobo :wink:

Thanks
October 28, 2006 6:38:40 PM

It won't work mate, two different technologies.
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2006 7:19:39 PM

no it wont work.
Related resources
October 28, 2006 7:59:59 PM

Seriously... that's a troll if ever I saw one.
October 28, 2006 8:16:56 PM

There's no such thing as a dumb question... yeah right!
October 28, 2006 8:24:51 PM

It will only work if you put DDR in to DDR2 slots, a different socket type in rather than the one you're using, and hook up a ATA drive with SATA cables. Then slam your wang in a door and you're all good to go.
October 29, 2006 7:57:39 AM

Quote:
It will only work if you put DDR in to DDR2 slots, a different socket type in rather than the one you're using, and hook up a ATA drive with SATA cables. Then slam your wang in a door and you're all good to go.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2006 8:22:32 AM

Have you actually taken a look at the slots? Did you look at your GC and then at the MB? A little deduction please...
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 29, 2006 9:13:12 AM

:trophy: :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
October 29, 2006 10:46:01 AM

You guys forgot to tell him to trim the card to fit the slot. As long as you can force it in, it will work fine. You guys just don't want to help the newbies, do you?
October 29, 2006 11:24:06 AM

im sure it can be done with a hacksaw and some duct tape
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2006 11:57:42 AM

i actually seen a pic where a guy sawed off the back of
a 7800gt pci-e card to try and make it fit in a pci slot.

he posted the pic stating (i carefully cut the card, took my time)
now why doesnt it work? lol
October 29, 2006 12:17:53 PM

Quote:
Hey
I have an Asus mobo and it's got 2 PCIE slots; I dont have a PCIE video card yet.
I am wondering if I could put my agp video card in the PCIE slot till I get my new video card, like in a couple days.

Anyone know if it'll work? I dont want to try it without knowing cus I'd hate to fry my new mobo :wink:

Thanks

No. You won't even be able to plug it into the slot.
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 29, 2006 12:20:38 PM

Ssssh man, don't tell him that, you'll spoil the fun :twisted:
October 29, 2006 12:22:21 PM

Quote:
Ssssh man, don't tell him that, you'll spoil the fun :twisted:

Ok:

If it doesn't fit then his motherboard is defective. He should send it to me for proper disposal.
October 29, 2006 12:53:09 PM

No, they are two completly different slots
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2006 1:25:27 PM

Quote:
Hey

Thanks
And now for some more fun, maybe you should ask if there is an AsRock mobo you could trade your Asus in for that would make things work. :twisted:
February 11, 2013 6:41:06 AM

roach_01 said:
Hey

Thanks

I trust you've long worked out by now a justified question.
My reason for replying:
I am discusted by the frying you got back then by the pack of ingonrant wolfes making fun of you amongst themselves!
Never mind, there still are plenty of them in this world, try to keeo away from them!
Cheers!
!