Need for Speed Carbon demo is out/Retail screenshots

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
640mb......Grab it!!

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/needforspeed10/nfs_carbon_demo_eu.exe.html

http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=169683

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/9733/Need+for+Speed+Carbon+Demo

http://www.gamershell.com/download_16174.shtml

http://www.worthdownloading.com/download.php?gid=2038&id=9179

2j5l40n.jpg

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Bleh, It's nothing new....same graphics....same game engine...same ricers that seem to belive that for every sticker you put on your car will add an additional 25hp. Nothing truely worth paying more than $20 for because the game hasn't changed much since NFS: Underground.

Muslce cars are a Nice addition...but totally watered down.
This game is merely a cross between Most Wanted and Underground...nothing new to see here.

I'll wait for a completely new and innovative NFS before I even begin to fathom purchasing a copy.

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I will give it a try. I remember when NFS U1 came out and it was great because I had a gamecube back then :). I love the T Supra.. And the Honda S2000 wasn't bad either.

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
Isn't there a software section for these kinds of threads? :wink:
Yes, your point? :twisted:

I think they have just about exhausted the graphics potential of these games. All they can do is add more physics/ more detail to the car wreckage and landscape damage.
Graphics will get better over time, but the gameplay feels the same, maybe even worse than NFSU1. Plus, there's no damage on the cars, which sucks, it should be at least visual.

Yeah I was watching the ad on the TV in the bedroom with the surround on (sounds like I'm at the game) and I felt a chill go up my spine.... then I realized that the window was open and it was only the wind (snowing outside). :twisted:

But yeah man, one of the better car commercials of the year IMO.

I drove the 850i in Germany, and you know it's just so awesome driving on roads where people know the rules (ie right except to pass). Notice the Diablo getting out of the wat of the GT in the ad, that made me snicker out loud.

A friend of my dad's who was stationed in Germany for the Canadian forces (dad worked for IBM in Germany when I was 2), and his friend brought his Corvette there in the 70s to drive, and when they left he sold it for more than he paid new and was able to buy another when he got back to Canada. I have a feeling that's what this guy could do to his over there if this were a real life dude from the ad.

pauldh

Illustrious
Thx for the link. Grabbed it late last night and threw it on my kids machine. Muscle cars will be my reason for buying it. Their XP2000+ 9500 pro choked at 8x6 w/ fairly low details. :cry: Full game is $30 at BestBuy available Wed for those who want to buy it.

pauldh

Illustrious
Oh drool; nice ad. Our local dealership had a red/white one like in my avatar. I was in for service a couple times on the truck and just dreamed over that Shelby. They actually got the $25K over list for it like they were asking. 8O

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Their XP2000+ 9500 pro choked at 8x6 w/ fairly low details. :cry:
It figures :roll: ....this game is supposed to be shader heavy. I'm playing it maxed out with HQ AF and AAA. It wont let you enable 6XAA in the game, you have to do it through your control panel/ATT.

Full game is $30 at BestBuy available Wed for those who want to buy it.
I dont plan on paying for this one, though I've bought most.

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Whatever they did to the gfx engine I do not know..
But I've never seen a laggier NFS game before..
Hope it's just the Demo that's broken :/

I had like 5fps with everything on at 1280 :S
NFSMW etc ran just fine with 40+ on my aging 7800GT

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
i dled it. the graphics at 640x480 default settings on my pci fx5500 look muuuuch better than nfs most wanted. im a sucker for itialian automobilia :)

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Yeah I was watching the ad on the TV in the bedroom with the surround on (sounds like I'm at the game) and I felt a chill go up my spine.... then I realized that the window was open and it was only the wind (snowing outside). :twisted:

But yeah man, one of the better car commercials of the year IMO.

I drove the 850i in Germany, and you know it's just so awesome driving on roads where people know the rules (ie right except to pass). Notice the Diablo getting out of the wat of the GT in the ad, that made me snicker out loud.

A friend of my dad's who was stationed in Germany for the Canadian forces (dad worked for IBM in Germany when I was 2), and his friend brought his Corvette there in the 70s to drive, and when they left he sold it for more than he paid new and was able to buy another when he got back to Canada. I have a feeling that's what this guy could do to his over there if this were a real life dude from the ad.

thats a Porsche Carrera GT getting out of the way of the Shelby GT

predatorgsr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
Man the music is great, and I had an "oh shit this is awesome" moment when I saw the mountain racing scenes. I really really wanted to like it. Then I actually played the mountain racing part, and the physics are so crappy I couldn't play it anymore. I have a racing wheel, and it was still terrible. They need to license the LFS engine or something.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Their XP2000+ 9500 pro choked at 8x6 w/ fairly low details. :cry:

Ouch. To think that that 9500Pro will probably punk my X600. That's something to cry about :lol:

IMO, it's really a shame that the new game doesn't have damage. It makes the game more realistic, but the car makers don't want their cars to be shown getting all smashed up.

Another thing that really bugs me is the lack of true supercars. Rice rockets are nice, but NFS games are supposed to have Porsches, Ferraris, and other exotica. Although it is nice to see the Corvette Z06 and Carrera GT.

I'm also tired of duplicate cars. The new game has two versions of the Lamborghini Murcielago, three versions of the Mustang, and both the (new) Dodge Charger (IMO, an insult to the name), and the Chrysler 300C, which are the (almost) exact same car.

At least they didn't pull an NFS:U2 and include SUVs in the game :roll:

FTW, my favorite NFS game is Porsche Unleashed. Amazing (in 2000) graphics, good physics, great sound effects, not to mention that if features exclusively Porsches (my favorite brand). Albeit, it was slightly (okay; very) buggy (frequent crashes to the desktop), but I still enjoy playing it.

NFS:HS was good too; too bad I can't get it to run on even our Win2000 machine :sad:

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Oh drool; nice ad. Our local dealership had a red/white one like in my avatar. I was in for service a couple times on the truck and just dreamed over that Shelby. They actually got the $25K over list for it like they were asking. 8O

That's sick; whenever American companies turn out a decent car, the dealers go out and mark it up by a grand or twenty. Remember the Plymouth Prowler? When that came out, the list price was ~38 grand, but dealers charged $70+.

I wonder if something similar is happening with the Corvette Z06?

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
FTW, my favorite NFS game is Porsche Unleashed. Amazing (in 2000) graphics, good physics, great sound effects, not to mention that if features exclusively Porsches (my favorite brand). Albeit, it was slightly (okay; very) buggy (frequent crashes to the desktop), but I still enjoy playing it.

NFS:HS was good too; too bad I can't get it to run on even our Win2000 machine :sad:
Yea, both of those are my favourite of all NFS games.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

Yea, both of those are my favourite of all NFS games.

Did you get crashes with Porsche Unleashed? Have you been able to get High Stakes to run under Windows XP?