Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 23, 2005 3:07:06 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

How can I get the SMC 2802 Wireless card to work properly under
Windows XP Professional. It has to connect to a US Robotics Access
Point. The drivers are allready installed and working properly. The
network "WIRELESS" is found. It just cannot connect.

For security we use a mac address filter. Every other computer can
connect, accept the one with the SMC 2802 Wireless PCI Card. We also
tryed different SMC Wireless cards (2602 and 2402) but that cards will
not connect either. Other cards like Asus or US Robotics do connect
perfectly.

Thanx in advance,

Erik Metselaar

More about : smc 2802 wireless pci card

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 23, 2005 3:56:40 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

> For security we use a mac address filter. Every other computer can
> connect, accept the one with the SMC 2802 Wireless PCI Card. We also
> tryed different SMC Wireless cards (2602 and 2402) but that cards will
> not connect either. Other cards like Asus or US Robotics do connect
> perfectly.

Does it work if you turn off the MAC filter? If so then it sounds like
the MAC address is wrong, try an IPconfig /all and see if it's the same
as the label or maybe you're misreading it off the label?

David.