Sign in with
Your question

gaming processor

Last response: in Overclocking
October 28, 2006 11:05:09 PM

hello im upgrading my computer and wodnering whats the best bang for the buck processor wise any recomendations for a gaming pc processor with a buget of max $300 looking for osmethign for a socket 939 ( i have a dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr motherboard)

More about : gaming processor

October 28, 2006 11:39:01 PM

get an opteron 165 or 170. they oc like mad.
get them while they still in stock. I heard amd is going to cut the 939 line before the end of the year. there'll be soon scarce of 939 cpu left in the market, and people are going to charge mad prices for them.
opteron 165 $175.99:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...
opteron 170 $219.99:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

I just got my opteron 165 yesterday, and I'm already running them at 2.52ghz no sweet with stock voltage.
Related resources
October 29, 2006 12:01:24 AM

Well, you have 300 bucks to spend.......what if I tell ya it's better to learn how to have a little patience in your gaming setup. There are plenty of games that can keep you busy for the meanwhile. What I'm actually saying is.....around the beginning of 2007 we will see this beautifull amd Quad core rise. No not the Intel quad as this is not a real Quad core but actually 2 core duo's glued together to make it look like quad. Take for example the game Alan wake.....it will use one core allready only for the pyschics......it will not only rely on the GPU only. This means that when you buy a core due 2 core processor you will be limited in options allready between the next 2 years.....so it would be way smarter to go for quad as this will make you happy for more then 4 years as it will be very hard to stress this baby out. It's just some vision I'm showing you. A little patience is everything. We are talking about some months of patience but in fact you will earn years of happyness in return. If you buy a lowend cpu right now as a gamer....you won't be happy in the near future as multicore is the way to go. QAUD that is.... ;)  It's like trowing money into the sea.
October 29, 2006 12:05:15 AM

Quote:
Well, you have 300 bucks to spend.......what if I tell ya it's better to learn how to have a little patience in your gaming setup. There are plenty of games that can keep you busy for the meanwhile. What I'm actually saying is.....around the beginning of 2007 we will see this beautifull amd Quad core rise. No not the Intel quad as this is not a real Quad core but actually 2 core duo's glued together to make it look like quad. Take for example the game Alan wake.....it will use one core allready only for the pyschics......it will not only rely on the GPU only. This means that when you buy a core due 2 core processor you will be limited in options allready between the next 2 years.....so it would be way smarter to go for quad as this will make you happy for more then 4 years as it will be very hard to stress this baby out. It's just some vision I'm showing you. A little patience is everything. We ar talking about some months of patience but in fact you will earn years of happyness in return. If you buy a lowend cpu right now as a gamer....you won't be happy in the near future as multicore is the way to go. QAUD that is.... ;) 

thats terrible advice...dual core has just become mainstream, quad core wont become mainstream for awhile

oh and whether its two core 2 duos glued together or not, its still quad core, native quad core, the one it seems your referring to, won't be out for a long while
October 29, 2006 12:07:57 AM

Quote:

thats terrible advice...dual core has just become mainstream, quad core wont become mainstream for awhile

That's terrible advise because I'm not an holy American or is that terrible advise cause you dont know what you are talking about cause you dont show me the facts of your comments? I did my homework....you certainly did not. That's why I have patience. You are that type of guy that would buy a Directx 9 card right now without knowing that directx 10 cards are within reach.
October 29, 2006 12:26:28 AM

I agree with IcY18.

8O
Quote:
If you buy a lowend cpu right now as a gamer....you won't be happy in the near future as multicore is the way to go.

C2D is a low-end cpu? What have you been smoking?
Also, calm down a bit, i'm sure you know a lot more than we do but please try to be nicer to other posters.
October 29, 2006 12:26:28 AM

Don't listen to SyPheR, he is an idiot. :wink: Upgrade the 939 to a X2 4400+ or save for a bit and upgrade to a Core 2. Both are great.
October 29, 2006 12:27:08 AM

I would second the vote for the 4400+ from the first reply in a heartbeat. The 3700+ is (or should I say was) the most popular mid-high-end single core s939 cpu, if you're looking to OC this chip can work wonders... If not, the 4000+ single core can be found for a very reasonable price too! I would recommend going dual-core though, if it fits your budget. :wink:

Another thing I would look into if you want to improve gaming CPU performance AND you're all-around gaming and media experience, would be to invest in a basic dedicated sound card if you're currently relying on onboard sound. The audigy 4 OEM card would be my recommendation, as its the cheapest audigy card available that DOES feature a dedicated hardware sound processor chip which will take alot of processing load off of your CPU during gameplay.
It goes for 48 bucks US at NCIX (I'm in canada, so you might find better prices at a US retailer) -> Here's a link
October 29, 2006 12:30:06 AM

:lol:  well said.
October 29, 2006 12:44:38 AM

Quote:

That's terrible advise because I'm not an holy American or is that terrible advise cause you dont know what you are talking about cause you dont show me the facts of your comments? I did my homework....you certainly did not. That's why I have patience. You are that type of guy that would buy a Directx 9 card right now without knowing that directx 10 cards are within reach.

i'm sorry where did you in your first post show me anything backed up by your supposed homework?

the funny part about about what you said about dx10 almost laughable...full use of dx10 won't take place till next year maybe, before that we will see new dx9 games upgraded to dx10 through patches...so yeah i know dx10 is within reach, as in next week, but why jump on nvidia's product which will definitely be better than any other card out right now when you could wait till 2007 to see Ati's dx10 offering which if rumors prove true will be an absolute power house...

and lastly why would you spend the premium you will pay for a dx10 card when vista, the only os that supports dx10, is not even out yet, and could even be delayed even longer still...

next time hold your mouth when you offer advice cause you sir do not know what your talking about
October 29, 2006 12:45:19 AM

here is my x2 4400 i installed yesterday.
you could say its a fx60 at these speeds. :D 

it hot though :cry: 
October 29, 2006 12:47:30 AM

you got a new rig? post your specs
October 29, 2006 12:48:15 AM

here is a cpu-z shot.
October 29, 2006 12:53:27 AM

asus a8n 32sli deluxe
4 corsiar512 xms (i got higher oc with just 2) on my 3700
cpu new x2 4400 old 3700
68gt,s in sli
antec tp2.0 550watt

the x2 4400 is the 110watt version (oced it is 130watts) ouch
i wanted the 89watt version but not enough frogskins :lol: 

my rig is a year old except for the x2.
also i had no issues swapping from the 3700 to the x2
and the x2 went up in price after i bought it. :D 

i used to say to ppl here at the forums.
wait til i buy something then they buy it as it usually
drops in price by 50%.
im finnaly getting some luck :lol: 
October 29, 2006 12:59:17 AM

ok well i ordered thsi a few min ago, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor, also 2 gigs of kingston hyper x ram... can anyoen give me possibly a run through on how to over clock my new processor? and about how much i can overclock it, ive only over clocked something once so im still a newb. btw i plan on gettign water cooled system soon does that mean i can overclock it more?
October 29, 2006 1:04:56 AM

i cant be sure mine is 100% i just got it. the x2 i mean.
my 3700 was oced to 2.6 with 4 sticks of memory for almost
a year and no problems. i got 2.7 for about a month with 2 sticks.

on your rig dont oc yet just enjoy it for a while.
and while you are enjoying it read up about ocing.

wusy has a good guide.
October 29, 2006 1:20:49 AM

alright cool thanks everyone for the help
October 29, 2006 1:44:13 AM

Quote:

Heh, I just bought an ATI All-In-Wonder X1900. But I sold my 7800GT for a bit more than the cost of my X1900, and now I have a great card for my HTPC when I get my DX10 card with better performance than my 7800GT. :-P
October 29, 2006 1:45:34 AM

Quote:
I agree with IcY18.

8O If you buy a lowend cpu right now as a gamer....you won't be happy in the near future as multicore is the way to go.

C2D is a low-end cpu? What have you been smoking?
Also, calm down a bit, i'm sure you know a lot more than we do but please try to be nicer to other posters.

Another example of Assman not really saying anything. He likes to avoid conflict. LOL
October 29, 2006 2:32:01 AM

what the hell is your problem, nobody was talking to you in the firat place
October 29, 2006 5:43:55 AM

Quote:

i'm sorry where did you in your first post show me anything backed up by your supposed homework?

the funny part about about what you said about dx10 almost laughable...full use of dx10 won't take place till next year maybe, before that we will see new dx9 games upgraded to dx10 through patches...so yeah i know dx10 is within reach, as in next week, but why jump on nvidia's product which will definitely be better than any other card out right now when you could wait till 2007 to see Ati's dx10 offering which if rumors prove true will be an absolute power house...

and lastly why would you spend the premium you will pay for a dx10 card when vista, the only os that supports dx10, is not even out yet, and could even be delayed even longer still...

next time hold your mouth when you offer advice cause you sir do not know what your talking about

Are you laughing? lol well sorry to dissapoint you but you are making a fool out of yourself. I was not telling that you SHOULD buy a DX10 card within the next few months (ATI OR NVIDIA) but it would be way more wise. And 2nd why should I pay for vista that is not even out yet? lol let me tell you....Why should I pay 400 dollars for some videocard right now when vista is almost released and that card would be outdated allready as it can't make use of DX10 functions. Look only when you dont want to buy Vista it would change the story. But let's talk about CPU in this topic. As I was saying. Why buy an AMD X2 with a 939 mobo while for way less money you have a E6300 that will outperform the X2 easily. But I would still wait for the AMD Quad Core as many near future appz will make use of that power and you won't have to update for a very long time as this baby won't be stressed out for a long time. Keep talking IcY18 and keep calling me stupid. These are just facts you cant deny cause you read them everywhere. :D 
October 29, 2006 6:15:32 AM

Quote:

Are you laughing? lol well sorry to dissapoint you but you are making a fool out of yourself. I was not telling that you SHOULD buy a DX10 card within the next few months (ATI OR NVIDIA) but it would be way more wise. And 2nd why should I pay for vista that is not even out yet? lol let me tell you....Why should I pay 400 dollars for some videocard right now when vista is almost released and that card would be outdated allready as it can't make use of DX10 functions. Look only when you dont want to buy Vista it would change the story. But let's talk about CPU in this topic. As I was saying. Why buy an AMD X2 with a 939 mobo while for way less money you have a E6300 that will outperform the X2 easily. But I would still wait for the AMD Quad Core as many near future appz will make use of that power and you won't have to update for a very long time as this baby won't be stressed out for a long time. Keep talking IcY18 and keep calling me stupid. These are just facts you cant deny cause you read them everywhere. :D 

Actually... nevermind, you're not even worth my time
October 29, 2006 6:27:35 AM

Quote:

Ooh, look everyone! Pretty quote design! :-P
October 29, 2006 6:44:53 AM

Quote:

It's been done already. But what the hell. :lol: 
a b À AMD
a b 4 Gaming
a b K Overclocking
October 29, 2006 6:59:29 AM

A low wattage 4400x eh?, what are you a tree hugger or something? :lol:  just kidding dude, good choice really, I've got a 3800x2 130w rainforest killer so I'd be interested in how your new baby OC's, please keep us posted mate. Peace dude 8)
October 29, 2006 7:07:45 AM

You are missing something. He already has a 939 MB. So his cheapest upgrade path is a 939 based processor. True for the same price as those optys you can find a 6300 but that's without the additional cost for new motherboard and RAM.

A directx 10 card is good in a couple of months if you have to have the best that is available but I suspect that most users on this forum (including me) will wait a while till atleast the midrange offerings are out from both parties b4 investing in one.
October 29, 2006 8:24:48 AM

Quote:

It's been done already. But what the hell. :lol: 

Going for the lock...it's just too damn pretty. LOL
October 29, 2006 2:55:18 PM

Quote:

damn i hate idiots
October 29, 2006 4:18:41 PM

Quote:

damn i hate idiots

You dont have to hate yourself....that's not good :D 
October 29, 2006 4:22:40 PM

Quote:
You are missing something. He already has a 939 MB. So his cheapest upgrade path is a 939 based processor. True for the same price as those optys you can find a 6300 but that's without the additional cost for new motherboard and RAM.

A directx 10 card is good in a couple of months if you have to have the best that is available but I suspect that most users on this forum (including me) will wait a while till atleast the midrange offerings are out from both parties b4 investing in one.

Yes Choknuti you are right. It would indeed be the cheapest solution :)  But it's just better for him to wait a little while as if he does it for performance he will not get much of a performance boost....in fact he will hardly notice the difference. Oh yes....maybe when he buys a Raptor he will notice a slight difference. :D 
October 29, 2006 7:25:30 PM

Quote:

Yes Choknuti you are right. It would indeed be the cheapest solution :)  But it's just better for him to wait a little while as if he does it for performance he will not get much of a performance boost....in fact he will hardly notice the difference. Oh yes....maybe when he buys a Raptor he will notice a slight difference. :D 

You are the complete idiot and have recommended the worse ideas to this person...please leave the forum and save you shit ideas for somewhere else
October 29, 2006 7:31:25 PM

Quote:

You are the complete idiot and have recommended the worse ideas to this person...please leave the forum and save you **** ideas for somewhere else

lol, you cant even say why....stop talking like some brainless chicken. I'm talking facts but you just can't lose can you? You dont come with facts but all you stand for is trying to pick on somebody. That's how low you get. And about worse idea's? lol man are you a sheep or something? core duo is better etc but you find such advise worse? lol :)  I'll stop talking to you. Say what you want brainless chicken.
October 29, 2006 7:40:15 PM

your a poopoohead<>your a chickenhead<>he,s touching me<>
no he,s pointing at me WHAAAAAA!!!

easy killers! calm down and quit acting like kids.
or pm each other and have at it.
October 29, 2006 7:42:15 PM

I love you too :D 
October 29, 2006 7:49:05 PM

quote (give me some sugar baby) quote

ash, army of darkness :) 
October 29, 2006 8:58:54 PM

If he already has a 939 system and is looking for a cheap fast upgrade HOW does a whole new system even make any sense. I dont agree he should do it but a new cpu motherboard and ram is NOT what hes trying to do. intels quad and amd's quad are going to have 4 cores true or not they both will have 4 cores. 4 cores right now and in the next year will have almost no use so the only waiting should be waiting till something takes advantage of it. dual cores have been on the market (as dual cpu) for a long long long time many applications support dual threading hardly any support quad threading unless you run server type software and OS :o  DX10 like DX9 is a dead ship till about late next year early year after in support. you can only do so much with patchs but the enging is limited when it comes to changing through patchs. adding dx10 fetures to a dx9 engine only will get you so much. And vista is at the moment as far as i can see not even worth buying a video card over.
October 29, 2006 9:07:11 PM

Quote:
If he already has a 939 system and is looking for a cheap fast upgrade HOW does a whole new system even make any sense.

i never said anything about a new system.

Quote:
hello im upgrading my computer and wodnering whats the best bang for the buck processor wise any recomendations for a gaming pc processor with a buget of max $300 looking for osmethign for a socket 939 ( i have a dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr motherboard

here is the o.p.
October 29, 2006 11:31:42 PM

yeah it was directed at the people who did i just clicked reply on your name.
October 29, 2006 11:44:24 PM

I agree, I didn't want to take the time to type all that. Thanks. 8)
October 30, 2006 6:02:37 AM

Quote:
4 cores right now and in the next year will have almost no use so the only waiting should be waiting till something takes advantage of it.

Excuse me but you also should do your homework :D  For example do you know a programm called Cubase SX or Cakewalk Sonar? Both sequencers allready make full use of multicore platforms. Not only dual core. And 2nd why should it not be wise to buy a 4 core? I totally not agree with you cause when you buy a 4 core now you dont have to upgrade for a very very long time. For example take the game Alan Wake.....it's psychics engine takes up 1 core in total of a multiple core cpu just do do the physics only....that means that dual core will be on it's limits at the bginning of the next year allready. and also it's not wrong to give him some advise on other ways to go even if he does not ask it cause he might not know what to buy except what motherboards he allready has. ok, there is one thing I agree with you....Vista sucks as it has security bugs after security bugs. I would advise him to go Linux (or may I not advise that also? :D  ) as linux can run a lot of windows appz and Suse 10.1 is a very nice platform also with it's 3D layout. bye bye enforcer22. :D 
October 30, 2006 7:22:34 AM

Quad core? If you buy a K8L quad core your throwing your money away!!! the Quad core will be obsolete as soon as intel comes with its 80 core processor!!! Muahahaha!!!

Ok seriousley... Something bigger and better will always be coming out. By the time the K8L is out everyone will be eagerly awaiting 8 core processors by Intel. Sure you can find programs that support more than two threads of execution. As with everything else it comes down to price/performance. Lets take a look at what the OP wants:

Quote:
hello im upgrading my computer and wodnering whats the best bang for the buck processor wise any recomendations for a gaming pc processor with a buget of max $300 looking for osmethign for a socket 939 ( i have a dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr motherboard)

Price/performance for computer gaming? Quad core is going to be on the bottom of the price/performance list for computer games (at least for a while).

Suse? If your gonna spout off about how much windoze sux and Linux can do everything at least choose a distro that makes you look like you know something about Linux. Ever hear of gentoo? or ubuntu? I think linux is superior in many ways to Windows (in fact I'm writing this on a gentoo box), but for gaming... reccomending someone to go linux is flat out idiotic. Sure most games you can make work if you really know what your doing... but guess what? They work better in windows, and its alot less hastle especially for someone who probably dosn't know anything about linux. There are several reasons to use linux, but right now gaming isn't one of them. :D 

Quote:
That's terrible advise because I'm not an holy American or is that terrible advise cause you dont know what you are talking about cause you dont show me the facts of your comments?

A. I can't undstand you, and
B. If you hate america or americans keep it to yourself, everyone else is here to discuss hardware
October 30, 2006 7:46:34 AM

Quote:
Quad core? If you buy a K8L quad core your throwing your money away!!! the Quad core will be obsolete as soon as intel comes with its 80 core processor!!! Muahahaha!!!

Ok seriousley... Something bigger and better will always be coming out. By the time the K8L is out everyone will be eagerly awaiting 8 core processors by Intel. Sure you can find programs that support more than two threads of execution. As with everything else it comes down to price/performance. Lets take a look at what the OP wants:

Price/performance for computer gaming? Quad core is going to be on the bottom of the price/performance list for computer games.

Suse? If your gonna spout off about how much windoze sux and Linux can do everything at least choose a distro that makes you look like you know something about Linux. Ever hear of gentoo? or ubuntu? I think linux is superior in many ways to Windows (in fact I'm writing this on a gentoo box), but for gaming... reccomending someone to go linux is flat out idiotic. Sure most games you can make work if you really know what your doing... but guess what? They work better in windows, and its alot less hastle especially for someone who probably dosn't know anything about linux. There are several reasons to use linux, but right now gaming isn't one of them. :D  Something bigger and better will come out sure but you are forgetting one thing.....what game could ever stress the amd quad to it's limits. It will take a long time till that software arrives. That's why I'm recommending it as it will be a fine cpu for a long time.

2nd I know there are more linux distributings offcourse. Suse is not the only one. It's open source. and I'm not telling him to use linux for gaming only. It's more like....linux is cool if you also want to play a game sometimes. It was never ment as gaming platform :)  The benchmarks between xp and linux show this. but linux is just plain fun to work with...hell you can even boot linux from an usb memory stick. :D 
October 30, 2006 1:48:06 PM

Quote:
4 cores right now and in the next year will have almost no use so the only waiting should be waiting till something takes advantage of it.

Excuse me but you also should do your homework :D  For example do you know a programm called Cubase SX or Cakewalk Sonar? Both sequencers allready make full use of multicore platforms. Not only dual core. And 2nd why should it not be wise to buy a 4 core? I totally not agree with you cause when you buy a 4 core now you dont have to upgrade for a very very long time. For example take the game Alan Wake.....it's psychics engine takes up 1 core in total of a multiple core cpu just do do the physics only....that means that dual core will be on it's limits at the bginning of the next year allready. and also it's not wrong to give him some advise on other ways to go even if he does not ask it cause he might not know what to buy except what motherboards he allready has. ok, there is one thing I agree with you....Vista sucks as it has security bugs after security bugs. I would advise him to go Linux (or may I not advise that also? :D  ) as linux can run a lot of windows appz and Suse 10.1 is a very nice platform also with it's 3D layout. bye bye enforcer22. :D 

and you should learn how to read better. i said hardly any programs take advantage of the quad core and i highly doubt hes going to use the 3 you supplied so my statement holds true thank you for proving me right. dual core has been around a long time but reaching its limits hell single core hasnt reached its limits just depends on the software you use which would be better to use. if he wants to game using linux over windows is stupid bad advice i agree with everyone here you give piss poor advice to people. I see no logic to your argument at all no thought process to connect a and b to come to the conclusion of c. I dont care about vistas 3d and i sure dont give two ****'s about linux since im a gamer and you did say most you didnt say all software that windows runs would run on linux. And as everyone should know quite well more cpus does NOT mean you dont have to upgrade for a long time i dont know where you get this crap from but you couldnt be more wrong. It means he has 4 cores it doesnt mean it will last.
October 30, 2006 4:54:57 PM

Quote:

and you should learn how to read better. i said hardly any programs take advantage of the quad core and i highly doubt hes going to use the 3 you supplied so my statement holds true thank you for proving me right. dual core has been around a long time but reaching its limits hell single core hasnt reached its limits just depends on the software you use which would be better to use. if he wants to game using linux over windows is stupid bad advice i agree with everyone here you give piss poor advice to people. I see no logic to your argument at all no thought process to connect a and b to come to the conclusion of c. I dont care about vistas 3d and i sure dont give two ****'s about linux since im a gamer and you did say most you didnt say all software that windows runs would run on linux. And as everyone should know quite well more cpus does NOT mean you dont have to upgrade for a long time i dont know where you get this crap from but you couldnt be more wrong. It means he has 4 cores it doesnt mean it will last.

Too bad you can't understand me :)  again and again I say...I'm not advising him to use linux over windows to play games....doh...learn to read. and lol even funnier is that you are proofing too not understand what stressing a cpu means. A single core will run out of options much quicker than 4 cores. so mr funny talker. in fact....as soon as heavy programms come and will outdate the single core cpu the 4 core is still alive....so what does this mean....yessssss mr enforcer indeed....the 4 core does have a longer lifetime. so it will take a long time. I'll stop talking to you too now as your comments make no sence :)  cya
October 30, 2006 7:17:31 PM

So basicly you agree with what i have been saying all along quad cores for another year or two are almost pointless which is what i have been saying since the begining. getting quad cores when they come out will give you no gain over a dual core cpu and a dual core cpu gives limited gain over a single core cpu at this time. however getting a quad core cpu now isnt going to make it last longer once again. application specs rise with every version so getting a quad core now and expecting it to fit system requierments for applications later is stupid. now if he waited until quad core made any sense at all say about a year or two from now then i would more then advise him on getting it. the life span of cpus most likely wont change much at all. since running a quad core on a almost single threaded environment cancles almost every extra a quad core cpu can give. even in a multi threaded world single core cpus will still be able to do alot. I'm not even sure what you mean by maxing out a cpu since a multi threaded app can fall back onto single threading it just wont be as fast. in a dual cpu setup it would run in a multi thread with about as much stress on a the cpu as in hte single threaded option only difference is one could do twice the work. Guess that depends on how you define maxing a cpu out. Yes ovbiously thougb single cores will run thier time out doesnt take 20 years of college to state that obvious point. just like dd22 x86 cpus pci e buss will die someday. Right now there is absolutly no reason for 99% of people to even consider a quad core cpu even dual core isnt even close to being utalised. SOMEDAY doesnt mean now. i do know people like you though who have dual cpu computers from long aog who thought they would last longer and still thing they are better then single core's of today to bad in hte real world thats not true.

I will still say get the best cpu your motherboard if its a single or dual core if your apposed to getting a whole new system.

Ill end this with there is no point in waiting on building a new computer just build it now and upgrade as needed. If you care about vista use your current video card or buy a cheaper newer card to hold you over. until games are out that even need dx10 the perchace now for dx10 will almost be wasted since by the time dx10 games are popping onto shelves youll be buying a new video card that can actualy play them. buying hardware for apps that wont be out for at least a year is just wasteing money to say i have the fastest machine no one has made anything for yet.

And please keep talking IcY18 maybe he might actualy learn something and try and think out side his narrow point of view.
October 30, 2006 7:18:59 PM

lol you know what.....you are right with everything you say :)  you take the words right out of my mouth lol in other words keep talking :)  I'm not in the mood anymore to keep on explaining things to you. sorry :) 
October 30, 2006 7:20:41 PM

glad you agree.
November 2, 2006 1:44:22 PM

WOW, i started off asking for a processor for a socket 939 motherboard how the heck did it get to everyone arguing about quadcore processors, linux, and dx10?
November 2, 2006 6:37:46 PM

Because SyPheR thinks you should wait and buy a quad core K8L processor (not the intel ones because they are "glued" together, lol).

This is despite the fact that you said you had a budget of 300 dollars and a 939 mobo. Yeah... go figure.
!