Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Startup Error Message

Last response: in Windows 8
December 8, 2012 9:36:11 PM

Hello, I upgraded to windows 8 from Windows 7 about a month or so ago now, and every time it starts up I get an Error Message saying:

Asus Setup:
C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\174522Log.iniis lost

I can however still use my computer but this message is quite annoying. My windows 8 isn't cracked or anything, I bought the win8 pro. The Asus setup, Is that related to motherboard (Sabertooth) still thinking I have 7 or something because apart from that my only other Asus hardware is optical drive and VG278H. Doubt it would be software because I dont think I have any Asus Software.
Anyone had the same problem or knows how to fix it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

More about : startup error message

December 8, 2012 9:38:23 PM

Sorry for the multiple thread, Dunno why it made so many of them, Cant remove them in my threads either, Says the sites unavailable and I can't see them.
m
l

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
December 8, 2012 11:50:33 PM

try

From the start menu search for "Task Scheduler" and open it

Under the Active Tasks section of Task Scheduler (Local), look for tasks that begin with "i-setup" and are triggered at log on

of any user and delete them

if that doesnt work then you will need to use regedit to remove the values
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
December 9, 2012 12:08:20 AM

Yes, it must be from the motherboard. You must have done an upgrade and not a clean install of Windows 8.

You could also look for any Asus programs installed in the Programs and try and uninstall them.

You could do a search in regedit.exe for 174522Log.iniis and delete the entry.

m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 9, 2012 12:08:33 AM

Yes, it must be from the motherboard. You must have done an upgrade and not a clean install of Windows 8.

You could also look for any Asus programs installed in the Programs and try and uninstall them.

m
l
December 9, 2012 11:12:37 PM

danny2000 said:

How do I run a search in regedit?
m
l
December 9, 2012 11:17:53 PM

Actually, The i-setup thing worked, Thanks guys for your time and everything.
m
l
December 9, 2012 11:18:22 PM

Best answer selected by xHALORDx.
m
l
!