Startup Error Message

xHALORDx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hello, I upgraded to windows 8 from Windows 7 about a month or so ago now, and every time it starts up I get an Error Message saying:

Asus Setup:
C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\174522Log.iniis lost

I can however still use my computer but this message is quite annoying. My windows 8 isn't cracked or anything, I bought the win8 pro. The Asus setup, Is that related to motherboard (Sabertooth) still thinking I have 7 or something because apart from that my only other Asus hardware is optical drive and VG278H. Doubt it would be software because I dont think I have any Asus Software.
Anyone had the same problem or knows how to fix it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Solution
try

From the start menu search for "Task Scheduler" and open it

Under the Active Tasks section of Task Scheduler (Local), look for tasks that begin with "i-setup" and are triggered at log on

of any user and delete them

if that doesnt work then you will need to use regedit to remove the values
try

From the start menu search for "Task Scheduler" and open it

Under the Active Tasks section of Task Scheduler (Local), look for tasks that begin with "i-setup" and are triggered at log on

of any user and delete them

if that doesnt work then you will need to use regedit to remove the values

Solution
Yes, it must be from the motherboard. You must have done an upgrade and not a clean install of Windows 8.

You could also look for any Asus programs installed in the Programs and try and uninstall them.

You could do a search in regedit.exe for 174522Log.iniis and delete the entry.

Yes, it must be from the motherboard. You must have done an upgrade and not a clean install of Windows 8.

You could also look for any Asus programs installed in the Programs and try and uninstall them.

You could do a search in regedit.exe for 174522Log.iniis and delete the entry.

xHALORDx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

How do I run a search in regedit?