Paperport 10

Anyone here familiar with Visioneer 9320, USB, I have tried to upgrade from
Scansoft 8 to Scansoft 10. My problem is that the scanner shows installed
but, windows (?) can find the scanner.
2 answers Last reply
More about paperport

    "Ike Fontenot" <ifont(Remove)@centurytel.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone here familiar with Visioneer 9320, USB, I have tried to upgrade
    > from Scansoft 8 to Scansoft 10. My problem is that the scanner shows
    > installed but, windows (?) can find the scanner.

    Do you mean Windows can not find the scanner?

    Did you select your twain interface in the new paperport? It is in the
    dropdown.

    There is picture in the following PDF.
    From page 17 in the Paperport 10 PDF. Right Click in Windows and Save target
    As.
    ftp://ftp.scansoft.com/files/support/manuals/GSGuide-pprt10.pdf

    Scan to the PaperPort desktop

    PaperPort is designed to work with TWAIN- and WIA-compatible scanners.

    (ISIS support is only included in PaperPort Professional 10.)

    Click the Scan or Get Photo button to start scanning. In the Scan pane, you
    can

    choose between using the native interface of the scanner or utilizing the
    new

    Scanner Settings pane of PaperPort for best scanning results. To use the
    interface

    of the scanner driver, mark the checkbox Display scanner dialog box. Leaving
    it

    empty will display the PaperPort panel with two tabs.

    .. Output: set file format and automatically suffixed file names.

    .. Scan: adjust scan settings: mode, resolution, size, orientation, filter
    color,

    brightness and contrast.

    When the scan is complete, you will see your item on the PaperPort desktop.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    I thank you for your input. Found out from visioneer the 9320 USB scanner
    is not compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 2. Visioneer suggested that
    I uninstall SP 2 and revert back. I don't want to do that as it took
    umteen hours to download SP2. Visioneer is supposed to be testing a new
    driver. I will just wait and see what happens. Don't use the scanner that
    much anyway.
    Ike
    "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > "Ike Fontenot" <ifont(Remove)@centurytel.net> wrote in message
    >> Anyone here familiar with Visioneer 9320, USB, I have tried to upgrade
    >> from Scansoft 8 to Scansoft 10. My problem is that the scanner shows
    >> installed but, windows (?) can find the scanner.
    >>
    > Do you mean Windows can not find the scanner?
    >
    > Did you select your twain interface in the new paperport? It is in the
    > dropdown.
    >
    > There is picture in the following PDF.
    > From page 17 in the Paperport 10 PDF. Right Click in Windows and Save
    > target
    > As.
    > ftp://ftp.scansoft.com/files/support/manuals/GSGuide-pprt10.pdf
    >
    > Scan to the PaperPort desktop
    >
    > PaperPort is designed to work with TWAIN- and WIA-compatible scanners.
    >
    > (ISIS support is only included in PaperPort Professional 10.)
    >
    > Click the Scan or Get Photo button to start scanning. In the Scan pane,
    > you
    > can
    >
    > choose between using the native interface of the scanner or utilizing the
    > new
    >
    > Scanner Settings pane of PaperPort for best scanning results. To use the
    > interface
    >
    > of the scanner driver, mark the checkbox Display scanner dialog box.
    > Leaving
    > it
    >
    > empty will display the PaperPort panel with two tabs.
    >
    > . Output: set file format and automatically suffixed file names.
    >
    > . Scan: adjust scan settings: mode, resolution, size, orientation, filter
    > color,
    >
    > brightness and contrast.
    >
    > When the scan is complete, you will see your item on the PaperPort
    > desktop.
    >

    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com