How can I get windows 7 to add a xp printer driver

I have a Brother HL-1440 printer connected to my computer running Windows7 and can not get it to share the printer with a laptop running XP Home. What do I need to do?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows printer driver
  1. try to run the setup with windows xp compatibility, if you unable to install it like that, you can install a package instalation(manual) from device manager, which usualy works for me...
  2. try to run the setup with windows xp compatibility, if you unable to install it like that, you can install a package instalation(manual) from device manager, which usualy works for me...

If you unable to do the first instalation, then ask me again for more info about the second one

Note: I am not sure that is call'ed package instalation...
  3. You would be better off installing the Vista driver under Windows 7 available at this link.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/dlf/000000/003200/dlf003296.html?reg=us&dlid=dlf003296&os=74&type2=1&prod=hl1440_all&c=us&lang=en&flang=4

Then on the Windows XP computer install the XP drivers, and under Windows 7 don’t forget to enable printer sharing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Printer Driver Windows 7 Printers Windows XP