"More Informations" please fix this THG...

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
First off I know this is in the wrong section but there is really no section where i could post it, so I opted for the most viewed area..

Ok this has been bothering me for sometime now, the 'more informations' just below our avatars. At first I thought this was something overlooked when the site was 'upgraded' however it still persists. I find it very annoying and keep picturing this person who can barely speak English slaving away at a computer writing 'more informations'- which should if you haven't already noticed be, more information. Anyways just shows an overall lack of polish on the site.

Also when they upgraded the forums they messed up the date when everyone joined. This may sound stupid but I was quite proud of being a member for a number of years, but now it shows everyone joining in 1970...

bfellow

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
I took a time warp to a time before the Interweb and I was born and signed up on the waiting list for Tom's Hardware arrival at the information superhighway in 1970!

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
haha :p

*also im a fan of having post count listed below our title...

*also since im at it, does anyone know where Jack is? The guy who had the harry potter moving avatar serius black or something (guy who escaped from the prison)?

nhobo

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
'information' is a plural noun. Aside from that, I prefer not having a full screen devoted to a one-line reply and a bunch of crap about the poster.

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Agree with the Date thing--- but the small upgrade they did here in the last week improved the look a lot IMO

Jake_Barnes

Splendid

Yeah, I agree. This "look" is head and shoulders above the previous version. I preferred the older (pre-French) phpBB software (since I had a hand in developing the layout and functionality). The developer from IForumz was available and generally responsive.

Now, the webmaster has to submit a "ticket" to some programmers in France ... that's why the "bugs" and flaws take so long to get dealt with.