Sign in with
Your question

Explorer will not refresh automatically

Last response: in Windows 7
June 8, 2011 10:31:04 PM

I just got a new computer with Win7 however when I create a new file, change a name of a file, put a file into the recylce bin, it doesn't show the effect and I must manually refresh explorer. I think this could be a registry problem but the only thing I did in the registry was change my username. So now I'm lost, any suggestions?
June 9, 2011 3:26:28 AM

I'm very interested in this issue as well. I have the same problem on my machine sometimes but it's random, doesn't happen constantly or consistently. Either way, it's f*ckin annoying. I will be all over this thread like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. I'll go google for a few min and see what I can find out.
m
l
June 9, 2011 3:54:08 AM

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproui...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpr...

Those two threads, the second is a continuation of the first actually, are about this problem and it was started September 27, 2009 and the last post was 12 hours ago. It's still an ongoing problem and supposedly Microsoft has been investigating it, for like 2 years almost. You can have a read through to see if any solutions work for you but as far as I can tell none of the possible solutions worked permenantly for anybody. The problem always came back eventually. So, apparently we're still waiting on an actual fix from Microsoft.

The very first post in the second thread is stated as the most successful resolution found so far so try it out. Essentially it's searching for any occurrence of 'DontRefresh' in the registry and changing the value from 1 to 0. Maybe it'll work for you. Good Luck.
m
l
Related resources
June 9, 2011 4:11:12 AM

This is one of the big sucks with Win7 and arson94 is right. They aren't going to fix it.
Using a different file manager might fix it but I have not tried that yet.
m
l
June 9, 2011 8:40:08 PM

After a restart everything is back to normal, but It could come back, werid.
m
l
!