P5B - Can't get Raid 0 to work, only 1 drive appears

nutcase

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
please help me ASAP.. I am trying to get my system setup and configured today and I can't seem to get my two 200gig sata II drives to initialize in my P5B .

I have one drive connected to one of the red Sata ports and the other connected to the "j-micron" Raid port.

with this config only one drive is recognised in the Raid utility, along with my cd/dvd drive.

when I tried both drives on the red connectors, it could see both drives but then they don't appear at all in the raid utility....

is there a two-drive cable I need for the J micron port or how do I get both my drives set up as one stripped (raid 0) drive so I can install XP2 ??

I have tried almost everything... the stupid goddamn manual is NOT very easy to understand and it only tells you really basic shit... so frustrating !!!

HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!

With the P5B, the only two SATA connectors that can use RAID are the JMicron connectors. JMicron controls one internal port and the <b>external</b> port. If you want to RAID, you must use an external drive. You will need a higher-up model of P5B such as the Deluxe in order to use RAID on internal ports.

TRENDING THREADS