IE Add-Ons

Please help! I have five files listed on my IE Add-Ons list that
installed themselves when I started the free Panda Activescan and I'd
really like to get rid of them.

asinst.dll
ascontrol.dll (three of those)
as.dll

My pc was not acting as it should and I was told it could possibly be a
virus or worm, (never trusted that brother-in-law) but nothing came up
on my Norton AV (2004). I also have their firewall along with Spybot S &
D, Ad-Aware SE 1.05, Spywareblaster, Bazooka, and lastly Spywareguard.
All updated and/or ran at least every other day if not every day. I
stopped Panda early because it was apparently putting something on my
pc. I am such a newbie and when it said "no dl needed" I took it too
literally I guess....And I also thought if I stopped it half-way nothing
would be installed....Is there any way of getting rid of these? I didn't
know any part of Panda was even on my pc until yesterday and I stumbled
into them exploring. No desktop icon, nothing on the Add/Remove programs
list and when I do a search on them nothing with those filenames comes
up...so I don't know how to handle it.... (Sorry for the long post)

Stay Safe; Marty
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "martymkm@webtv.net" wrote:

    > Please help! I have five files listed on my IE Add-Ons list that
    > installed themselves when I started the free Panda Activescan and I'd
    > really like to get rid of them.
    >
    > asinst.dll
    > ascontrol.dll (three of those)
    > as.dll
    >
    > My pc was not acting as it should and I was told it could possibly be a
    > virus or worm, (never trusted that brother-in-law) but nothing came up
    > on my Norton AV (2004). I also have their firewall along with Spybot S &
    > D, Ad-Aware SE 1.05, Spywareblaster, Bazooka, and lastly Spywareguard.
    > All updated and/or ran at least every other day if not every day. I
    > stopped Panda early because it was apparently putting something on my
    > pc. I am such a newbie and when it said "no dl needed" I took it too
    > literally I guess....And I also thought if I stopped it half-way nothing
    > would be installed....Is there any way of getting rid of these? I didn't
    > know any part of Panda was even on my pc until yesterday and I stumbled
    > into them exploring. No desktop icon, nothing on the Add/Remove programs
    > list and when I do a search on them nothing with those filenames comes
    > up...so I don't know how to handle it.... (Sorry for the long post)
    >
    > Stay Safe; Marty

    "Panda" if you are refering to the on-line anti-virus scan it was installing
    an active x control which is required for the scan.
    This would be install in
    C:\Windows\downloaded program files

    This is a great and free program that shows IE BHO's(plugin's)
    BHODemon - http://pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=23611&fileidx=1

    Thanks for the speedy reply, and yes it was the free online scan. I know
    the files are there I just want to get rid of them. Can I got to the
    downloaded program files and simply delete them, would that work?

    Stay Safe; Marty

Internet Explorer Windows XP