IE Add-Ons

Please help! I have five files listed on my IE Add-Ons list that
installed themselves when I started the free Panda Activescan and I'd
really like to get rid of them.

asinst.dll
ascontrol.dll (three of those)
as.dll

My pc was not acting as it should and I was told it could possibly be a
virus or worm, (never trusted that brother-in-law) but nothing came up
on my Norton AV (2004). I also have their firewall along with Spybot S &
D, Ad-Aware SE 1.05, Spywareblaster, Bazooka, and lastly Spywareguard.
All updated and/or ran at least every other day if not every day. I
stopped Panda early because it was apparently putting something on my
pc. I am such a newbie and when it said "no dl needed" I took it too
literally I guess....And I also thought if I stopped it half-way nothing
would be installed....Is there any way of getting rid of these? I didn't
know any part of Panda was even on my pc until yesterday and I stumbled
into them exploring. No desktop icon, nothing on the Add/Remove programs
list and when I do a search on them nothing with those filenames comes
up...so I don't know how to handle it.... (Sorry for the long post)

Stay Safe; Marty

map

"martymkm@webtv.net" wrote:

> Please help! I have five files listed on my IE Add-Ons list that
> installed themselves when I started the free Panda Activescan and I'd
> really like to get rid of them.
>
> asinst.dll
> ascontrol.dll (three of those)
> as.dll
>
> My pc was not acting as it should and I was told it could possibly be a
> virus or worm, (never trusted that brother-in-law) but nothing came up
> on my Norton AV (2004). I also have their firewall along with Spybot S &
> D, Ad-Aware SE 1.05, Spywareblaster, Bazooka, and lastly Spywareguard.
> All updated and/or ran at least every other day if not every day. I
> stopped Panda early because it was apparently putting something on my
> pc. I am such a newbie and when it said "no dl needed" I took it too
> literally I guess....And I also thought if I stopped it half-way nothing
> would be installed....Is there any way of getting rid of these? I didn't
> know any part of Panda was even on my pc until yesterday and I stumbled
> into them exploring. No desktop icon, nothing on the Add/Remove programs
> list and when I do a search on them nothing with those filenames comes
> up...so I don't know how to handle it.... (Sorry for the long post)
>
> Stay Safe; Marty

"Panda" if you are refering to the on-line anti-virus scan it was installing
an active x control which is required for the scan.
This would be install in
C:\Windows\downloaded program files

This is a great and free program that shows IE BHO's(plugin's)
BHODemon - http://pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=23611&fileidx=1

Thanks for the speedy reply, and yes it was the free online scan. I know
the files are there I just want to get rid of them. Can I got to the
downloaded program files and simply delete them, would that work?

Stay Safe; Marty