Whats my next piece to be ordered?

G

I have a problem, I don't know what to order next. I have to decide between my Mobo or CPU.

CPU

MOBO

The problem I have is that the CPU has been going out of stock at a lot of stores, should I get it or the mobo next?[/i]

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Well, I don't see the cpu as going out of stock or getting EoL (End of Lifed). So, if you really want that mobo, get it first. But as the other guy said, it looks like its Out of Stock. Personally I'd get something like the Asus M2NE, which is cheaper, and I think a better board.

DDay

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I have the M2N-E and it's a great board, just if you're into overclocking, getting an NForce570 board isn't a great choice. Most of them have trouble getting over a 220 to 240 FSB, though sometimes by doing something really weird (like bringing your cpu multi from 10 to 9 (what I did)) you can get way way up there in your clocks. They are very stable and powerful boards if you don't intend to go overclock crazy though.

I doubt that either of those will get their EoL anytime soon though. I'd probably get the mobo first so that you can do all that mounting and everything while you wait to get enough money for the processor. It'll give you some 15 odd minutes of enjoyment putting it in and all, lol.

G

I just orderded the CPU. The MOBO just went out of stock, when I posted this thread, it was in stock.

I want one with ATI 3200 Express so I can maybe CF later on after D10s. You get 16x lanes on both cards with 3200, and 590. But 590 is MUCH too expensive.