re i have been given a canoscan 2700f see inside newbie

I have just recently lost my wife to a terminal brain tumour.She was only 47
and I have been given a canon canoscan 2700F with a cable that fits the
back. I have lots of very precious slides of my dear wife that I don't want
to let out of my sight .However if I could get the software and the driver
for windows xp for the canoscan 27ooF I could copy these slides to archive
them .Can you please help me for the software etc. Thanks for your help
also is it best to get a scsi card or can I convert the cable. there are two
ports on the back scsi and I think a parallel port.

--
"My Life will be forever Autumn"
3 answers Last reply

    "Anthony Crowder" <actc.actc@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >I have just recently lost my wife to a terminal brain tumour.She was only
    >47 and I have been given a canon canoscan 2700F with a cable that fits the
    >back. I have lots of very precious slides of my dear wife that I don't want
    >to let out of my sight .However if I could get the software and the driver
    >for windows xp for the canoscan 27ooF I could copy these slides to archive
    >them .Can you please help me for the software etc. Thanks for your help
    > also is it best to get a scsi card or can I convert the cable. there are
    > two ports on the back scsi and I think a parallel port.
    >

    > --
    > "My Life will be forever Autumn"

    Yes, you need a SCSI card for your computer, there are no converters that
    will work.

    You will find Manuals and Software downloads here. The Windows 2000 driver
    should work in Windows XP
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=235&modelid=8348

    For a SCSI card, Ebay has many that work with scanners. Get one that fits
    the cable.
    Adaptec SCSI Card 2906 is a good card.
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/productfinder.html?sess=no&language=English+US&source=subnav

    For device type choose scanner.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Just plain not worth the trouble.
    Throw it away & buy a new USB scanner or even a second hand one. Why go to
    the trouble of getting a card?

    "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > "Anthony Crowder" <actc.actc@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > >I have just recently lost my wife to a terminal brain tumour.She was only
    > >47 and I have been given a canon canoscan 2700F with a cable that fits
    the
    > >back. I have lots of very precious slides of my dear wife that I don't
    want
    > >to let out of my sight .However if I could get the software and the
    driver
    > >for windows xp for the canoscan 27ooF I could copy these slides to
    archive
    > >them .Can you please help me for the software etc. Thanks for your help
    > > also is it best to get a scsi card or can I convert the cable. there are
    > > two ports on the back scsi and I think a parallel port.
    > >

    > > --
    > > "My Life will be forever Autumn"
    > >
    > Yes, you need a SCSI card for your computer, there are no converters that
    > will work.
    >
    > You will find Manuals and Software downloads here. The Windows 2000 driver
    > should work in Windows XP

    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid
    =235&modelid=8348

    > For a SCSI card, Ebay has many that work with scanners. Get one that fits
    > the cable.
    > Adaptec SCSI Card 2906 is a good card.

    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/productfinder.html?sess=no&language
    =English+US&source=subnav

    > For device type choose scanner.
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    $9.30 + $5 shipping on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39969&item=5152620258&rd=1

    For $14.30 he gets a hopefully working film scanner.

    The driver for the AVA-2906 card is here. (free) and should work in XP by
    installing the card and rebooting.
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/common/searchresults.html?language=English+US&support=support&queryText=AVA-2906&submit=Search

    --
    CSM1