help: wireless router laptop card problem

Archived from groups: (More info?)

hi all

i have a belkin 125mbps wireless router setup. it works with bot pcs fine,
but wont work with my laptop.

i have a 54g pcmcia card in the laptop and the belkin software. the network
is found no probs but it wont log on. i have set and un set the security,
with no luck.

ive installed new / updated drivers and software and uninstalled it and
reinstalled it again.

anyone know a quick fix.

any more info i can give please shout.

thanks

scaffman
5 answers Last reply
More about help wireless router laptop card problem
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Hi

    "If" the card you have is a Linksys WPC54g and your laptop has a Texas
    instrument cardbus controller you will beed to download different drivers
    from the website ftp://ftp.linksys.com/beta/wpc54g_beta_driver.zip .

    Cheers

    Eddie

    "SCAFFMAN" <SCAFFMAN2003-N-O-S-P-A-M@TISCALI.CO.UK> wrote in message
    > hi all
    >
    > i have a belkin 125mbps wireless router setup. it works with bot pcs fine,
    > but wont work with my laptop.
    >
    > i have a 54g pcmcia card in the laptop and the belkin software. the
    > network is found no probs but it wont log on. i have set and un set the
    > security, with no luck.
    >
    > ive installed new / updated drivers and software and uninstalled it and
    > reinstalled it again.
    >
    > anyone know a quick fix.
    >
    > any more info i can give please shout.
    >

    > thanks
    >

    > scaffman

  2. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    card is a belkin 54g same make as the router,

    all worked fine till the last router lost range over night.

    hence the replacement.

    thanks

    "Eddie Rogers" <eddie@notmyemailadress.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > "If" the card you have is a Linksys WPC54g and your laptop has a Texas
    > instrument cardbus controller you will beed to download different drivers
    > from the website ftp://ftp.linksys.com/beta/wpc54g_beta_driver.zip .
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Eddie
    >
    > "SCAFFMAN" <SCAFFMAN2003-N-O-S-P-A-M@TISCALI.CO.UK> wrote in message
    >> hi all
    >>
    >> i have a belkin 125mbps wireless router setup. it works with bot pcs
    >> fine, but wont work with my laptop.
    >>
    >> i have a 54g pcmcia card in the laptop and the belkin software. the
    >> network is found no probs but it wont log on. i have set and un set the
    >> security, with no luck.
    >>
    >> ive installed new / updated drivers and software and uninstalled it and
    >> reinstalled it again.
    >>
    >> anyone know a quick fix.
    >>
    >> any more info i can give please shout.
    >>

    >> thanks
    >>

    >> scaffman

  3. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Hi

    I have had a lot of problems recently trying to setup a wifi network with a
    Belkin 54g adsl router.

    The problem was that I could only get one pc at a time to connect - I tried
    absolutely everything, however in the end I did a factory reset on the
    router and re set it up again since then it has been working ok.

    If all else fails try the factory reset.

    Good luck

    > card is a belkin 54g same make as the router,
    >
    > all worked fine till the last router lost range over night.
    >
    > hence the replacement.
    >
    > thanks

    > "Eddie Rogers" <eddie@notmyemailadress.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> "If" the card you have is a Linksys WPC54g and your laptop has a Texas
    >> instrument cardbus controller you will beed to download different drivers
    >> from the website ftp://ftp.linksys.com/beta/wpc54g_beta_driver.zip .
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Eddie
    >>
    >> "SCAFFMAN" <SCAFFMAN2003-N-O-S-P-A-M@TISCALI.CO.UK> wrote in message
    >>> hi all
    >>>
    >>> i have a belkin 125mbps wireless router setup. it works with bot pcs
    >>> fine, but wont work with my laptop.
    >>>
    >>> i have a 54g pcmcia card in the laptop and the belkin software. the
    >>> network is found no probs but it wont log on. i have set and un set the
    >>> security, with no luck.
    >>>
    >>> ive installed new / updated drivers and software and uninstalled it and
    >>> reinstalled it again.
    >>>
    >>> anyone know a quick fix.
    >>>
    >>> any more info i can give please shout.
    >>>

    >>> thanks
    >>>

    >>> scaffman

  4. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Another thought - do you have Norton Internet Security? - if so you may need
    to set the firewall up to recognise the wifi card until then the firewall
    may block it intermittently.

    And er that's about it no doubt I'll think of something else as soon as I
    have posted this!!

    Cheers

    Eddie

    "Eddie" <eddie@notmyemailadress.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have had a lot of problems recently trying to setup a wifi network with
    > a Belkin 54g adsl router.
    >
    > The problem was that I could only get one pc at a time to connect - I
    > tried absolutely everything, however in the end I did a factory reset on
    > the router and re set it up again since then it has been working ok.
    >
    > If all else fails try the factory reset.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Eddie
    >
    > "SCAFFMAN" <SCAFFMAN2003-N-O-S-P-A-M@TISCALI.CO.UK> wrote in message
    >> card is a belkin 54g same make as the router,
    >>
    >> all worked fine till the last router lost range over night.
    >>
    >> hence the replacement.
    >>
    >> thanks

    >> "Eddie Rogers" <eddie@notmyemailadress.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> "If" the card you have is a Linksys WPC54g and your laptop has a Texas
    >>> instrument cardbus controller you will beed to download different
    >>> drivers from the website
    >>> ftp://ftp.linksys.com/beta/wpc54g_beta_driver.zip .
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>
    >>> Eddie
    >>>
    >>> "SCAFFMAN" <SCAFFMAN2003-N-O-S-P-A-M@TISCALI.CO.UK> wrote in message

  5. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Thanks for the replies

    but no good, dont use norton.

    thing is it was all working perfectly before.

Wireless Router Laptops Wireless Networking