How is this RAM for OC'ing

Well for what you paid for that memory I surely would have bought THIS for OCing instead, basically the same price as your link after rebate.

If you haven't opened the package you can always RMA it and exchange it, Newegg will do that for you no problem but from what I've discovered about Pqi memory [A friend of mine is running it], its tempermental and thats for stock settings he's not an OCer.

I'd never even heard of Pqi until he got his, I'm strictly Corsair myself.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
That would be up to the rest of your components. The stability of the rams also depends on the overall stability of other components like the motherboard, power and etc. Some brands are good for certain setup and may have incompatibility with other. As for the PQI Turbo rams, well I don't know personally I have only used OCZ and Corsairs for overclocking. You have to try that for yourself on your system and find out how far can it overclock. Easiest way to do is make sure you have the voltage right to 1.9v usually and then set the frequency to 400hz. It should tightened it's timing automatically. Then you can push your cpu to it's max stable oc.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
What do you mean what am i waiting for? Lol.
To raise the voltage to 2.4v, and use memory dividers to push your own memory till it cracks!

LOL ... Good luck on that ...
You were simply lucky with those Corsair modules @1.9v, but you never recognized how much and just sold the system...

wiz83

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
What do you mean what am i waiting for? Lol.
To raise the voltage to 2.4v, and use memory dividers to push your own memory till it cracks!

LOL ... Good luck on that ...
You were simply lucky with those Corsair modules @1.9v, but you never recognized how much and just sold the system...

Yeah I figured that out. :)
I got some money out of selling it. Will build one that's similar real soon, and see if I get lucky again. :) Wish me luck ... :p

TRENDING THREADS