problems with VPN, part 2

February 12, 2005 1:27:34 AM

Sorry for repeat. But now i will try to ask in a different way.
I have PPC Asus 716, Win2003(not SE).
How to setup VPN to use Internet through it?
I have setup it in "Edit my VPN servers" as on my PC(it works there).
In "network management" window the first combobox is "My ISP" and
the secont is "My Work Network.
in "My ISP"->"Edit..." there are only "General" and "Modem"
Except "General and "Modem", VPN and proxy options are only in "Edit" of "My
Work Network". Are all right yet?
Then in "Configure Network Adapters" I have to choose on of two, "The
Internet" or "Work". Right?
If I choose "Work" then in Connectivity balloon i see only "Work Network
Card", "Settings" link and "Hide" button. Right?
If I choose in "Configure Network Adapters" "The Internet" now I can see in
Connectivity "My VPN Connetct VPN". I tap "Connect VPN", a second and i
see timer and new button "Disconnect"

This is only setting to make connection to VPN, isn't?

Fine. I run my PocketIRC and chat a bit through my VPN connection. VPN is
the only way to have Internet for me at home. Ok, i have chat.

Now i load IE and try to open www.microsoft.com. It thinks, thinks.... then
window appeares telling that such site was not found. Fiiiine. I open
Connectivity ballon and see that timer disappered and "Connect VPN" again.
Okkkk. I connect again.

Now i load MSN Messenger it already configured so i just tap on screen and
it tries to connect. After several seconds it says that cannt connect. I
open Connectivity ballon again and see that timer disappered and "Connect
VPN" again.

It happens always. Always when i try to connect via BUILT-IN VPN client and
use MS BUILT-IN soft for Internet it cant work together.

So whose is fault? My? Asus'? MS's?
And what to do?
More than half of year i bought my PPC. I wrote to Asus first time about
half of year ago.
And only i got that, as they write, it's MS's fault. AND? I still cant use
Internet on my PPC at home neither via bluetooth nor via WiFi(though i have
no WiFi at home but tried at other place)

More about : problems vpn part

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:27:35 AM

When your using VPN the only way to access internet addresses using dotted addresses is by adding
the site address to the "Exceptions List"...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message news:o usJcaFEFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Sorry for repeat. But now i will try to ask in a different way.
> I have PPC Asus 716, Win2003(not SE).
> How to setup VPN to use Internet through it?
> I have setup it in "Edit my VPN servers" as on my PC(it works there).
> In "network management" window the first combobox is "My ISP" and
> the secont is "My Work Network.
> in "My ISP"->"Edit..." there are only "General" and "Modem"
> Except "General and "Modem", VPN and proxy options are only in "Edit" of "My
> Work Network". Are all right yet?
> Then in "Configure Network Adapters" I have to choose on of two, "The
> Internet" or "Work". Right?
> If I choose "Work" then in Connectivity balloon i see only "Work Network
> Card", "Settings" link and "Hide" button. Right?
> If I choose in "Configure Network Adapters" "The Internet" now I can see in
> Connectivity "My VPN Connetct VPN". I tap "Connect VPN", a second and i
> see timer and new button "Disconnect"
>
> This is only setting to make connection to VPN, isn't?
>
> Fine. I run my PocketIRC and chat a bit through my VPN connection. VPN is
> the only way to have Internet for me at home. Ok, i have chat.
>
> Now i load IE and try to open www.microsoft.com. It thinks, thinks.... then
> window appeares telling that such site was not found. Fiiiine. I open
> Connectivity ballon and see that timer disappered and "Connect VPN" again.
> Okkkk. I connect again.
>
> Now i load MSN Messenger it already configured so i just tap on screen and
> it tries to connect. After several seconds it says that cannt connect. I
> open Connectivity ballon again and see that timer disappered and "Connect
> VPN" again.
>
> It happens always. Always when i try to connect via BUILT-IN VPN client and
> use MS BUILT-IN soft for Internet it cant work together.
>
> So whose is fault? My? Asus'? MS's?
> And what to do?
> More than half of year i bought my PPC. I wrote to Asus first time about
> half of year ago.
> And only i got that, as they write, it's MS's fault. AND? I still cant use
> Internet on my PPC at home neither via bluetooth nor via WiFi(though i have
> no WiFi at home but tried at other place)

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:22:47 AM

Ok. I added */* to exceptions. IE works. Thanks a lot.
But MSN Messenger doesnt.
The same reason, i try to sign in, VPN breaks and it cant sign in.
So, what to do next?

news:o kO9M$FEFHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> When your using VPN the only way to access internet addresses using dotted
addresses is by adding
> the site address to the "Exceptions List"...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

> "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
news:o usJcaFEFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > Sorry for repeat. But now i will try to ask in a different way.
> > I have PPC Asus 716, Win2003(not SE).
> > How to setup VPN to use Internet through it?
> > I have setup it in "Edit my VPN servers" as on my PC(it works there).
> > In "network management" window the first combobox is "My ISP" and
> > the secont is "My Work Network.
> > in "My ISP"->"Edit..." there are only "General" and "Modem"
> > Except "General and "Modem", VPN and proxy options are only in "Edit" of
"My
> > Work Network". Are all right yet?
> > Then in "Configure Network Adapters" I have to choose on of two, "The
> > Internet" or "Work". Right?
> > If I choose "Work" then in Connectivity balloon i see only "Work
Network
> > Card", "Settings" link and "Hide" button. Right?
> > If I choose in "Configure Network Adapters" "The Internet" now I can see
in
> > Connectivity "My VPN Connetct VPN". I tap "Connect VPN", a second and
> > see timer and new button "Disconnect"
> >
> > This is only setting to make connection to VPN, isn't?
> >
> > Fine. I run my PocketIRC and chat a bit through my VPN connection. VPN
is
> > the only way to have Internet for me at home. Ok, i have chat.
> >
> > Now i load IE and try to open www.microsoft.com. It thinks, thinks....
then
> > window appeares telling that such site was not found. Fiiiine. I open
> > Connectivity ballon and see that timer disappered and "Connect VPN"
again.
> > Okkkk. I connect again.
> >
> > Now i load MSN Messenger it already configured so i just tap on screen
and
> > it tries to connect. After several seconds it says that cannt connect. I
> > open Connectivity ballon again and see that timer disappered and
"Connect
> > VPN" again.
> >
> > It happens always. Always when i try to connect via BUILT-IN VPN client
and
> > use MS BUILT-IN soft for Internet it cant work together.
> >
> > So whose is fault? My? Asus'? MS's?
> > And what to do?
> > More than half of year i bought my PPC. I wrote to Asus first time about
> > half of year ago.
> > And only i got that, as they write, it's MS's fault. AND? I still cant
use
> > Internet on my PPC at home neither via bluetooth nor via WiFi(though i
have
> > no WiFi at home but tried at other place)

February 12, 2005 3:22:48 AM

I suppose you would need the addresses of the Messenger server(s)... Unfortunately I don't know the
address/addresses... Hopefully someone else can help...

Good luck...

--

"Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message news:uX6pyaGEFHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> and
>> > it tries to connect. After several seconds it says that cannt connect. I
>> > open Connectivity ballon again and see that timer disappered and
> "Connect
>> > VPN" again.
>> >
>> > It happens always. Always when i try to connect via BUILT-IN VPN client
> and
>> > use MS BUILT-IN soft for Internet it cant work together.
>> >
>> > So whose is fault? My? Asus'? MS's?
>> > And what to do?
>> > More than half of year i bought my PPC. I wrote to Asus first time about
>> > half of year ago.
>> > And only i got that, as they write, it's MS's fault. AND? I still cant
> use
>> > Internet on my PPC at home neither via bluetooth nor via WiFi(though i
> have
>> > no WiFi at home but tried at other place)

February 12, 2005 3:54:29 PM

No. I set */* It must and work for all addreses. It's seems messenger breaks
VPN itself.
IMHO Why it's so... silly?

!