Toms Phenom article headline fails most fairness tests

eltouristo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
Tom's article "Phenom Fails Most AM2 Compatibility Tests" is unfairly titled and has some unfair opinionated content, though mostly fair. The title is misleading. Something like 'Phenom BIOS support not yet widely available' would have been fair to AMD. And the article blames AMD for the late BIOSes. I dont really see how it AMD's fault AT ALL.
Phenom works with a new BIOS, except for a preproduction Gigabyte. Seems pretty simple. Works with BIOS, doesnt without. Is it fair to place the blame on AMD because it doesnt work without a BIOS? It would have been nice but I for one dont really blame AMD at all. And it's perhaps just a few weeks too early to be drawing real conclusions anyway. Nowhere in the article is a hint of complaint about the motherboard makers delayed BIOSes. I'm not a devotee but AMD has enough problems without inappropriately negative headlines.

shabodah

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Last I checked, Epox wasn't supporting anything at all. What market does Epox even sell to at this point? Foxconn is known to have poor support. So, this article pretty much states that Gigabyte and MSI need to get their acts together. Anyone with either manufacturer's boards probably already knew that.