Visioneer Scanner

Anyone on this group using a Visioneer scanner 9320 USB on Windows XP SP2?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:07:09 -0600, "Ike Fontenot"
<ifont(Remove)@centurytel.net> wrote:

>Anyone on this group using a Visioneer scanner 9320 USB on Windows XP SP2?

I got a 9320 last week but I'm running Win98se. Works great for me but
my father has a 9220. He is running WinXP without SP2. The scanner
driver works for him but Paperport 8 wont work very well.

Mine use to work on windows XP but quit working on XP SP 2. Visioneer
recommends that I revert back to Windows XP.
I just don't care to do that.Maybe visioneer will come out with a driver
compatible to XP SP2.
"Mike Hunt" <thegatekeeper@africamail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:07:09 -0600, "Ike Fontenot"
> <ifont(Remove)@centurytel.net> wrote:
>
>>Anyone on this group using a Visioneer scanner 9320 USB on Windows XP SP2?
>>

> I got a 9320 last week but I'm running Win98se. Works great for me but
> my father has a 9220. He is running WinXP without SP2. The scanner
> driver works for him but Paperport 8 wont work very well.

I was until a week ago when I began getting a message that the scanner
was not connected. I've deleted, installed and reinstalled with no
success. I understand Visioneer says that the 9320 is not compatible
with Windows XP SP2 and to date they do not have an updated driver.

So until that happens the scanner I purchased 4 months ago is a desk
ornament only? Cheez!

"sybilk" <sybilk@strato.net> wrote in message
> I was until a week ago when I began getting a message that the scanner
> was not connected. I've deleted, installed and reinstalled with no
> success. I understand Visioneer says that the 9320 is not compatible
> with Windows XP SP2 and to date they do not have an updated driver.
>
> So until that happens the scanner I purchased 4 months ago is a desk
> ornament only? Cheez!

Not if you make your computer dual boot, boot Windows 98 SE and install the
scanner and necessary software. Then you can scan and work in Windows 98 SE.

Also if you remove SP2 and go back SP1, if the scanner worked in Windows XP
SP1.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Seems strange about sp2. I'm using an older 4400 with xp sp2 and no
trouble. Did it work with xp before you upgraded to sp2

"sybilk" <sybilk@strato.net> wrote in message
>I was until a week ago when I began getting a message that the scanner was
>not connected. I've deleted, installed and reinstalled with no success. I
>understand Visioneer says that the 9320 is not compatible with Windows XP
>SP2 and to date they do not have an updated driver.
>
> So until that happens the scanner I purchased 4 months ago is a desk
> ornament only? Cheez!
>
> Ike Fontenot wrote:
>> Anyone on this group using a Visioneer scanner 9320 USB on Windows XP
>> SP2?

It did, but not as well as it should have. Strange thing is that it
worked for about a month after I installed sp2. I haven't added any new
programs or hardware.

Crhoff wrote:

> Seems strange about sp2. I'm using an older 4400 with xp sp2 and no
> trouble. Did it work with xp before you upgraded to sp2
>
> "sybilk" <sybilk@strato.net> wrote in message
>
>>I was until a week ago when I began getting a message that the scanner was
>>not connected. I've deleted, installed and reinstalled with no success. I
>>understand Visioneer says that the 9320 is not compatible with Windows XP
>>SP2 and to date they do not have an updated driver.
>>
>>So until that happens the scanner I purchased 4 months ago is a desk
>>ornament only? Cheez!
>>
>>Ike Fontenot wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone on this group using a Visioneer scanner 9320 USB on Windows XP
>>>SP2?

Wonder if something happened to the ASPI layer that xp needs for scanners.
You can getit off the web if you don't have it. You might try reinstalling
that. It's always possible something went wrong with the scanner.

Ike Fontenot wrote:
> Anyone on this group using a Visioneer scanner 9320 USB on Windows XP SP2?

yes... i had to reinstall today... and all is working well... but it
would only work in the USB port it was originally installed into...
doesn't work on port three or four...

strange...

now if only i can get it to recognize mozilla/thunderbird mail client

TRENDING THREADS