Belkin F5D7050 ver.2011 Wireless G USB Adapter Hardware Is..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 27, 2005 10:36:22 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I bought a Belkin F5D7050 ver.2011 USB adapter for my notebook on
Sunday. It installed fine the first day, until about when I logged off.
At that point the other users on my computer couldn't use it because
Windows XP (SP2) fails to recognize that its connected to the USB port.
I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers but nothing happens. It
won't show up under my account either, Windows insists that there are
two available USB 1.1 ports when in fact there is only one because the
adapter is plugged in. Stranger still...if I connect an un-powered USB
Hub and connect it that way it will recognize it, but still can't use
it because the Hub doesn't have enough power. And I lost the AC adapter
for the Hub. I have to use the little extender dock
(http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merc...)
that came with it because it is physically impossible to plug in the
adapter directly. Please help.
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 2:04:13 PM

"WCH" <windycityheat@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I bought a Belkin F5D7050 ver.2011 USB adapter for my notebook on
> Sunday. It installed fine the first day, until about when I logged off.
> At that point the other users on my computer couldn't use it because
> Windows XP (SP2) fails to recognize that its connected to the USB port.
> I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers but nothing happens. It

Hi,

I had a similar experience with the a.m. adapter version 1000.

Try this (I hope you may understand the terms, I translate from my italian
version of XP):

right click: my computer- properties.
go under the harware page - device manager and take a look if (with the 7050
plugged) there's a USB peripheral with a yellow esclamation mark and a
general name like "usb device". If there's one, it's the belkin (for a
further check you could unplug-replug the adapter and look what happens in
the page). Then right- click on it and disable (not unistall). After that,
right-click it again and reinstall the drivers. Shouldn't be necessary to
put the drivers disk in. If it works, you're done, just pay attention that I
had to repeat the operation by plugging the adapter in every USB ports your
pc owns. I don't know why, but it worked perfectly with me.

Ciao

Maurizio
!