_Morphine_

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
The most disappointing title(s) is a tie for me. Quake Wars, which I had a sinking feeling was going to be bad. Crysis was the other.

Luckily COD4, TF2, and GH3 rocked the PC. DEAL!

randomizer

Champion
Medal of honor airborne!

Oh and I totally agree with Travis, hellgate: london is total rubbish. The hit detection is pathetic, how can I hit a guy with a sword when he is 20m away?

Transformers was... yea...

What about the worst game of all time? I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

voodoogiant

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Easily Crysis. The game was pushed as a graphical powerhouse and showed incredible footage rendered on some unknown machine. Half-Life 2 also pushed the system, but on medium settings still looked great on medium settings for lower systems. I have little respect for a company that can make a great looking game for a system ten years down the road but can't run well on good gaming systems.

Beyond the graphics, it featured mediocre game play. It was like Far Cry 2 with a gimmicky powersuit. The developers for this game like Bioshock thought, "Hey, how can we incorporate every gaming gimmick (gravity gun, invisibility, super strength, etc.) into the game with no justification?". A power suit or a genetic vending machine...

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
There are so many crappy games out there I don't know who to believe. Everyone wants your money. What to do? Play some classics.

I pulled out my old favorite Return to Castle Wolfenstein and played it again. 2001 and it still looks great and the game is lots of fun!

Chazwuzzer

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
CB's Jericho...... Oh man. I have been selling Undying as one of the Great Games for years, but this one was just such a stinker. I really don't get the whole horror-bondage-torture thing that was thankfully minimized in Undying and was just everywhere in Jericho. Blech. The gameplay was actually not that terrible, but everything else was just bad...

IMHO, Crysis was a blast and ran very well on my $1000 build.... Just my $0.02 tho...

aziraphale

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Turning adblock off for tom's? No way I would do that.

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007

not just me then, i played quake wars for all of 15 minutes after i bought it, then put it back in the case and fired up bf2. I cant really put my finger on it but it just stinks.

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007

I actually collect bad games.

The worst game of all time raises philisophical questions.

Is it possible for a game to be so bad, that it no longer becomes a game?

I think I've found games like that.

Can a game simply be broken, like hellgate london, or hour of victory? I mean, there's clearly broken programming there. But broken programming can be fixed. Is it worse to have a game that can't be repaired?

A strong contender actually shows up in one of the videos:

Nsync for Game Boy Color.

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007

Unfortunatly, I cannot indulge in sci fi fantasies about time travel.

I am just a man, with a hammer, and a sense of justice, to hold people acountable for both the good, and the bad that they do.

There are no commercialy produced games that could drive me to anything that extreme.

Also, I believe very strongly in weighing only the finished product. Not the hands that made it.

"Don't gate the player, hate the game" - Ice T.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Same about Quake Wars, although I played it for like a week or two, really it just doesn't feel like Quake, there's no gore, no jumppads, and the weapons all feel the same, even the vehicles, which suck, but most noobs don't even bother trying to kill you, I felt so empty wasting them all away.

If you really want to see really bad games, check out AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd) on gametrailers.com, the only thing worth watching on that site other than screwattack (which you can also see on screwattack.com..)

TRENDING THREADS