ineverwinanything

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
my lcd screen broke on my laptop and im looking to replace it but the lcd screen replace ment costsmore than the laptop its self

on the site where i want to buy the replacement from there are other lcd screens that should fit would they possibley work with my laptop?

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
You didn't say what you've got, but though it is "possible" to find someone who sells displays..they will cost hundereds of dollars. Often they're more than half the chassi cost by part afterwards. I would try Ebay for an identical lappy with a working screen..and swap parts as neccesary, keep the rest for parts. Is that economical?.. i dunno, depends on what you have. I assume any warranty is expired or this would void that. what did the company want to charge you that was "over value" If this is a cheap lappy you may be sorta s.o.l. to make it worth it. 8O

horstmann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I agree with jimmy in Ebay. Get someone else's computer that has something else wrong with it and swap parts. You could also stop using it as a laptop and plug it into a desktop monitor if your computer has vga plug on it. (you could at least get access to your data without getting a new screen)

mad-dog

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Imagine that, we have a link to screen repair right here at Tom's
http://www.mobilityguru.com/2006/02/24/how_to_replace_a_broken_laptop_or_notebook_display/