HP scanjet 4400c

Hi

Ive used the above scanner without problem for about 2 years..however
out of the blue when I started it the other day the "warming up the
lamp" alert came up as usual but that was it. After a short time the
precisionpro scanning software was "not responding" in task manager.
Adding to this the scanner lamp appears to be on all the time, even
when scanning software not running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
all scanner software and the diagnostics tell me all is installed and
running properly

Im running Windows 98 on a 200MMX PC with 128M of SDRAM

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Michael
1 answer Last reply
More about scanjet 4400c

    Hi, I'm having close to the identical problem with my 4c, except that
    mine will start down the scanning track, then stop after going 1-2
    inches; then I get the same error messages you get. Then my light will
    go out. I've opened mine up to see if there was something obstructing
    a smooth ride on the tracks, but find nothing. I've also uninstalled
    and reinstalled software. If you hear of a solution, or things to try,
    let us know. Is anyone aware of a web site dealing with scanner repair
    or troubleshooting?

    David

    On 7 Jan 2005 03:25:41 -0800, egans@melbpc.org.au (Michael Egan)
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Ive used the above scanner without problem for about 2 years..however
    >out of the blue when I started it the other day the "warming up the
    >lamp" alert came up as usual but that was it. After a short time the
    >precisionpro scanning software was "not responding" in task manager.
    >Adding to this the scanner lamp appears to be on all the time, even
    >when scanning software not running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
    >all scanner software and the diagnostics tell me all is installed and
    >running properly
    >
    >Im running Windows 98 on a 200MMX PC with 128M of SDRAM
    >
    >Can anyone help?
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Michael

Scanners Hewlett Packard Software Peripherals