Belkin Wireless Router PSU failures

Archived from groups: (More info?)

For the second time in the last few weeks I've been called in to fix
a failed Belkin wireless ADSL router. In both cases the power supply
unit (12v @ 1.25A integrated into the mains power plug) had stopped
working for no evident reason. [This PSU is probably limited to the
UK and maybe Ireland, because of the territory-specific integrated
mains plug.]

Symptoms are no networking functionality ata all and no LEDs showing
on the router front panel.

I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue that may
affect others... has anyone else experienced similar problems?
1 answer Last reply
More about belkin wireless router failures
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "McSpreader" <invalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > For the second time in the last few weeks I've been called in to fix
    > a failed Belkin wireless ADSL router. In both cases the power supply
    > unit (12v @ 1.25A integrated into the mains power plug) had stopped
    > working for no evident reason. [This PSU is probably limited to the
    > UK and maybe Ireland, because of the territory-specific integrated
    > mains plug.]
    >
    > Symptoms are no networking functionality ata all and no LEDs showing
    > on the router front panel.
    >
    > I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue that may
    > affect others... has anyone else experienced similar problems?

    Had a simiular problem with a 13 month old 3com wireless ADSL router.

Wireless Router Belkin Wireless Networking