Belkin Wireless Router PSU failures

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 29, 2005 3:43:08 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

For the second time in the last few weeks I've been called in to fix
a failed Belkin wireless ADSL router. In both cases the power supply
unit (12v @ 1.25A integrated into the mains power plug) had stopped
working for no evident reason. [This PSU is probably limited to the
UK and maybe Ireland, because of the territory-specific integrated
mains plug.]

Symptoms are no networking functionality ata all and no LEDs showing
on the router front panel.

I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue that may
affect others... has anyone else experienced similar problems?
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 10:27:00 AM

"McSpreader" <invalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For the second time in the last few weeks I've been called in to fix
> a failed Belkin wireless ADSL router. In both cases the power supply
> unit (12v @ 1.25A integrated into the mains power plug) had stopped
> working for no evident reason. [This PSU is probably limited to the
> UK and maybe Ireland, because of the territory-specific integrated
> mains plug.]
>
> Symptoms are no networking functionality ata all and no LEDs showing
> on the router front panel.
>
> I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue that may
> affect others... has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Had a simiular problem with a 13 month old 3com wireless ADSL router.