Ben and Bob Reviews Video's

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Is it just me or do they just like New age combat. Everything to Battlefeild to halo. Basicly anything that has a machine gun in it. I am not saying there right or wrong. But there limited into there view.. Sorry not everyone Like that Mchine gun Crap.

Two noobs can't do a review It why I hated Movies reviews. They had two stupid people Who where paid to give a review. Hell ya there right what 30%.. Sorry Ben and Bob. Reviews are not done this way. You are acting like the 1980 world. Where everyone beleave what everyone seid.

If you want a good review. Get a group of people with differnt age Some who like magic and swords and staffs type game like World of war craft. You make your own path. Some machine gun, bombs and so on. Get some kiddy game for the kids. Why not go beyond your 2 minds and your age. The yunger game players will like dumb stuff. Basicly games that have dumb value. They like the cute-ness and they can interact with it.

A group that has a Machine gun type play to it. Halo Battlefeild, Call of duty. Which sucks. I dont like to go on a time line or set path. Basicly you do there way or no way. That what turn me off of call of duty Doom 3 and I never look back.

I want games that I can make my own choice. Not what the game choice for me.

Here what I think you need to do. You need to get differnt age groups Differnt type of games. Oh ya a 50 year old with a machine gun get bloody freaken real. My dad plays poker or spider solitary.

Get a group of 13+ to 18+ try one set of games. Older adult are not going to like there ideas. But the kids might like. Can you say Ben 10. Oh ya it a stupid game. But 5 to 10 year love him.

Get some 18+ to 30+ and have them do the reviews of games they like.

Get some 30+ to 40+ get there take. They started when the computer where New. Pac Man. Pong and a few others.

50+ and over I know my dad like absolutepoker My mom like Lexor. Basicly games like Pac Man. From that age vietnam by this age they are able to control there War actions 30+ years ago.

Let take the newest war. Wars in Iraq and so on. People who where rased by Doom and so on. Oh ya bring them back into war that reminds them of real war. Good idea give them a dream of a real fight and kill a family member. Oh that smart.

Please note Most of the games I would not touch with a 10 foot pole.

Me I like Nonlinear games

P.S. I do like all type of games if there Nonlinear. But we do not live in the 1975+ when games came out give or take. with people who are 70+ age and play games on the computer.

randomizer

Champion
You know that hiring 20-30 people to do reviews on games is going to cost alot?

Forget <12 year olds, they aren't going to visit the site enough to be worth worrying about. If they play games it's probably runescape or WoW, which don't need reviews.

13-18 is where all the CS nuts are, they like their shooters. This area gets covered pretty well.

30-40 play shooters, you must be narrow minded. I know people over 40 who only play FPS games.

50+ I can't comment on, I don't know any that even play games, and Pac Man hardly needs a review.

Seriously, you need to think about the worth of a review from a business point of view. Catering for people outside of the 14-45 range is not cost effective, and thus won't happen. Reviews are done on new games only, because theres quite frankly no reason why there should be reviews done on old games except for doing a "best/worst game of all time" kind of review. Half of the new games are FPS, deal with it. The people who do the reviews like FPS games, and will therefore review more of them. If you want more wide ranging reviews, why not apply for a job? Face it, if it isn't going to be cost effective, nothing is going to change. Toms Hardware is a business, not a non-profit catering service.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
My 40 something uncles like starcraft, my near 60 step father only likes mario on the NES (or emulated on the PC).

I don't really know of any games that have been released recently that are popular/have big followings that don't have a machine gun, Oblivion was the last game I remember (or played) that didn't have a machine gun...

The days of Baldur's gate are dead. (ok, so they're making dragon age, but when is that coming? 2 years+?)

and can we hire a grammar/spelling nazi while we're at it hiring a dozen reviewers.. (I know my grammar is terrible.. but not so bad eh..)

Chazwuzzer

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Holy Smokes - the spelling and grammar was giving me a nosebleed. Other than that, I really can't figure out what the heck the poster was trying to say.

Lightningbolt

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Most of the problem is that Ben doesn't talk much about the topic. He just keeps Rob from going nuts.

Simple Solution: Let that crazy fat oriental dude fight it out with Rob every week. He already works for you guys. Let Ben ref.