Inq picking fresh holes in G80

Well if it is indeed as the InQ describes that's not good at all, because means like they say 2 chips, 2 board connections, and all the external wiring/traces to support it. All are added costs and complications.

I doubt we'd see this on the mid-range boards because that would be an unnecessary cost that would be very detrimental to the margins. I doubt it'll be external on other products, but if this is true it indicates that the G80 may have been rushed to market early, not because it was ready, but because nV would rather try to sell this for 2-3 months without any competition to compare their design to than to compete head to head with the R600.

In any case very strange development, to have so many function on a second die. We'll have to wait and see, but I thought this was just and HDCP problem that made the use of an external solution an opion (and hey while we're at it why not include RAMDACs and TMDS since they're related), but if it's truely a back end assembler (and ROP I would think but depends on design) then this would be a different take to the hybrid solution.

Either way interesting fodder, but it is the InQ, so until some better reviewers get their hands dirty with a few, I don't know what to think other than, I hope not.