Leadtek 7600GT AGP graphics errors

ghostwalker

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
I wonder if anyone can help.

I recently purchased the Leadtek 7600GT AGP but am having problems with graphics errors during game playing. I noticed it whilst playing a FEAR demo and also a Medieval 2 demo. I also ran 3D Mark 05 and noticed it there too. The errors tend to be random graphics anomalies sticking of of things (walls, guns etc) and 'holes' in things (like walls not being rendered properly I guess).

I went to the Leadtek website and downloaded the latest drivers for the card but still had the same problem. I then tried some alternate drivers but the same thing happened.

Can anyone else suggest anything else for me to try. I wonder if it could be lack of power to the card? I have an Enermax EG365AX-VE(G)FMA 350 Watt PSU (http://www.coolergiant.co.uk/products/psu/fma/eg365ax-ve(g)fma/index.asp) which should be ok right?

Thanks.

ghostwalker

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Mmm...I was afraid someone might say that. I've tried a couple of different drivers so can I say I've ruled out a possible driver issue? I haven't OC'ed the card either so it can be that. I'll try updating my MB's AGP drivers tonight and see if that makes a difference and have a look at the Coolbits program you suggested. Failing that, I suppose the only thing left for me to do is get in contact with the guys I bought it off (Overclockers.co.uk) and see what they say.

Thanks for your help.

BTW, so for being naive but what do you mean by 'RMA'?

edmetalhead

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
He means that you have to return it. I agree, unfortunately it seems like you got a bad card.
From Wikipedia (click link for the entire article):
"A Return Merchandise Authorization or Return Material Authorization (RMA) is a transaction whereby the recipient of a product arranges to return defective goods to the supplier to have the product repaired or replaced or in order to receive a refund or credit for another product from the same retailer or corporation."

adi_alter_ego

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
I had a similar problem with a fx5200....same artifacts...and it only got worse.
for more than a month i never played any games, i hated those artifacts so much.
one day i removed the video card and PCI cards in an attempt to clean up my computer, motherboard, everything, so when i put it back together i just switched some PCI cards in their slots, and bye bye artifacts, everything went smooth.

so try that too, it will only take 10 minutes.

take care

ghostwalker

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
I could try switching cards around I guess. The g/c is AGP though and as there is only 1 AGP slot on my m/b there's not much to switch it with.

Also, just out of curiousity, ever since I installed the card I got the odd blue screen of death when booting up. Is that a memory issue meaning the g/c's RAM could've been faulty? Can't really remember the exact message. It just gave me a memory address I think.

Anyway, I'm sending it back tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see how the replacement fairs.

adi_alter_ego

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
lol, i was not talking about switching the video card.....but if by any means you have like, a tv-tuner, souncard, try to switch them .
but you shoudl rma it