HP Deskjet 610C & Scanjet 3200C

Hi folks

I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have to
fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a pass-thru'
parallel port (LPT1)

Is there any particular sequence to do this?
I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
Is this correct?
I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the printer
will install using XP's own driver.

Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me step
by step instructions for other methods.
Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info on
parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.

Thanks for any help,
Karen
--
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....

    "Karen Gill" <kagey60@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi folks
    >
    > I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have to
    > fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a pass-thru'
    > parallel port (LPT1)
    >
    > Is there any particular sequence to do this?
    > I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
    > install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
    > believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
    > Is this correct?
    > I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the
    > printer will install using XP's own driver.
    >
    > Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me
    > step by step instructions for other methods.
    > Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info on
    > parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Karen
    > --
    > There are 10 types of people in this world.
    > Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....
    XP does not support parallel port daisy-chaining. Change one (or preferably
    both) to USB.
    www.coribright.com

    or get a PCI card with extra parallel port on it?

    > "Karen Gill" <kagey60@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi folks
    > >
    > > I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have
    > > fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a
    pass-thru'
    > > parallel port (LPT1)
    > >
    > > Is there any particular sequence to do this?
    > > I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
    > > install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
    > > believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
    > > Is this correct?
    > > I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the
    > > printer will install using XP's own driver.
    > >
    > > Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me
    > > step by step instructions for other methods.
    > > Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info
    on
    > > parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help,
    > > Karen
    > > --
    > > There are 10 types of people in this world.
    > > Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....
    > XP does not support parallel port daisy-chaining. Change one (or
    preferably
    > both) to USB.
    > www.coribright.com

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Thanks folks - wasn't aware of that one!
    I have a parallel port card & will use that as well as the onboard one!

    Cheers,
    Karen

    "BruceM" <bruce@@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > or get a PCI card with extra parallel port on it?
    >

    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Karen Gill" <kagey60@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi folks
    >> >
    >> > I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have
    >> > fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a
    > pass-thru'
    >> > parallel port (LPT1)
    >> >
    >> > Is there any particular sequence to do this?
    >> > I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
    >> > install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
    >> > believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
    >> > Is this correct?
    >> > I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the
    >> > printer will install using XP's own driver.
    >> >
    >> > Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me
    >> > step by step instructions for other methods.
    >> > Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info
    > on
    >> > parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for any help,
    >> > Karen
    >> > --
    >> > There are 10 types of people in this world.
    >> > Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....
    >> XP does not support parallel port daisy-chaining. Change one (or
    > preferably
    >> both) to USB.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com

Scanners Printers Hewlett Packard Windows XP Peripherals