HP Deskjet 610C & Scanjet 3200C

Hi folks

I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have to
fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a pass-thru'
parallel port (LPT1)

Is there any particular sequence to do this?
I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
Is this correct?
I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the printer
will install using XP's own driver.

Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me step
by step instructions for other methods.
Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info on
parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.

Thanks for any help,
Karen
--
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....

"Karen Gill" <kagey60@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks
>
> I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have to
> fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a pass-thru'
> parallel port (LPT1)
>
> Is there any particular sequence to do this?
> I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
> install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
> believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
> Is this correct?
> I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the
> printer will install using XP's own driver.
>
> Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me
> step by step instructions for other methods.
> Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info on
> parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Karen
> --
> There are 10 types of people in this world.
> Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....
XP does not support parallel port daisy-chaining. Change one (or preferably
both) to USB.
www.coribright.com

or get a PCI card with extra parallel port on it?

> "Karen Gill" <kagey60@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks
> >
> > I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have
> > fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a
pass-thru'
> > parallel port (LPT1)
> >
> > Is there any particular sequence to do this?
> > I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
> > install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
> > believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
> > Is this correct?
> > I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the
> > printer will install using XP's own driver.
> >
> > Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me
> > step by step instructions for other methods.
> > Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info
on
> > parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> > Karen
> > --
> > There are 10 types of people in this world.
> > Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....
> XP does not support parallel port daisy-chaining. Change one (or
preferably
> both) to USB.
> www.coribright.com

Thanks folks - wasn't aware of that one!
I have a parallel port card & will use that as well as the onboard one!

Cheers,
Karen

"BruceM" <bruce@@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> or get a PCI card with extra parallel port on it?
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Karen Gill" <kagey60@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi folks
>> >
>> > I have just updated a PC to Xp from a Dell with Win98SE to XPSP2 & have
>> > fit a HP Deskjet 610C printer and HP Scanjet 3200C scanner to a
> pass-thru'
>> > parallel port (LPT1)
>> >
>> > Is there any particular sequence to do this?
>> > I think the best way is to install the printer & ensure it works, then
>> > install the scanner with the printer daisychained whilst installing. I
>> > believe the BIOS needs to be set to EPP??
>> > Is this correct?
>> > I have downloaded the scanner driver for XP & I understand that the
>> > printer will install using XP's own driver.
>> >
>> > Would be grateful if anybody could confirm this is correct - or give me
>> > step by step instructions for other methods.
>> > Have looked on the net for info, but there doesn't seem to be much info
> on
>> > parallel & XP with scanner and printer connections.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help,
>> > Karen
>> > --
>> > There are 10 types of people in this world.
>> > Those who understand Binary and those who don't ....
>> XP does not support parallel port daisy-chaining. Change one (or
> preferably
>> both) to USB.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com

TRENDING THREADS