water coolign question

htaed666

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
hello i plan on getting a watercooled system soon i was wonderign what the best route would be, should i make a custom one and buy each part seperatley or would i be better off buying the thermaltake armor lcs case, which has built in watercoolign then jsut add a vga block? either way i want to get the armor case i have around $500 to spend on case/ watercooling system ive never hooked up a watercoolign system before and was just wodnering which way would be better to go. Please help if you can.

dthomason119

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
What I did was purchase the thermaltake bigwater SE, it worked fine, but I didn't like the pump, then I didn't like the tubing size, eventually I replaced almost everything that came with the bigwater. The moral of the story is, I would recommend buying each part separately as you will know what you want and need.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Some other advice, only do it if you need it. For instance, I have a P5W DH Deluxe with a Core 2 Duo E6600 @ stock in a P180B. Using core temp, my CPU maxed out around 70C, which made me uncomfortable. Therefore, I went with the Thermaltake Silent water. Works very well. Just hard trying to find a good place to put the radiator and fan. However, like the previous guy, it might be better to buy individual parts, then again... if you're noob, maybe not. Just remember to check the water cooling system once a month. I'm thinking about just going back to fan heatsink due to the fact that the water cooling is helping my CPU, but not my computer as a whole :( Good Luck!

cruentus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
If you are new to WC you might want to consider a kit to start with. There are a couple out there that do an adequate job. I have the Nautilus 500 from Corsair as I am a WC noob and it's worked out very well. Having said that, there is a wealth of info available both here and elsewhere on the web if you want to jump right in on a DIY project.