Multiple Monitors

lavery

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
I have a 6600GS XXX card, it has a vga and a dvi port on it and some other one which i cant find the name of. I have my samsung sync master pluged into my vga port and my HD tv pluged into my dvi port, i also have a touch screen on my wall which i cant get to use's because there is no where to plug it into on my computer.

I've tryed using a vga y cable but when i plug my monitor into it along with the touch screen the picture on the monitor goes funny like a double pictuer. :? :?

Is there anyway i can stop this from happing are is there any way around it.

I am also thinking of buying a 7800GT would this be better for the multiple monitors????????????

My spec are
Pentium D 805
1GB DDR2
WD 300GB HD
Hiper 580w psu

If you need anymore info just ask

thank you :D :D

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
805 isn't the problem. A 7600GT with dual DVI's will handle multiple monitors no problem. A 7800 should be fine, but there are better card choices than that one, just look for dual DVI outputs.

lavery

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
but then there still only 2 ports and 3 monitors will i be able to use the vgs y cable on the other dvi port i can got a Pentium D 945 there

ty

lavery

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Big price lol its not that i want 3 of them at once i only want 2 on at a time i use to be able to do it with my old computer, do you know what you call the other port on the card its like a s video out be not lol if you get that.
thank you for the help :D