Running XP Home

All of a sudden, at no particular time, there's a click and the total
size of my desktop narrows on both sides. A few minutes later there's
another click and the width is restored?

Is this a monitor problem or could it be a Windows (computer-based)
problem?

The monitor could be messed up and switching resolutions on you, or a
program or virus running in the background. Check what is running in
background and watch for when it does it and what programs are running.
Bring up in safe mode and see if it does it their.

"Dick Reuben" <dickre@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Running XP Home
>
> All of a sudden, at no particular time, there's a click and the total
> size of my desktop narrows on both sides. A few minutes later there's
> another click and the width is restored?
>
> Is this a monitor problem or could it be a Windows (computer-based)
> problem?

pop

If the problem is semi-predictable, as in maybe it'll happen
within half hour of turning on the monitor pretty reliable, try
turning on just the monitor with the computer off. If the
monitor has an auto-blank feature, you might have to turn that
off to keep the message to check computer/cabling on screen.

Any chance you can borrow another monitor? Or have a similar one
around you can change out?

Pop