suprised that i have to ask...

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
i have some belkin 54g wireless card in a pci slot, i also have a wireless 54g router by linksys, i can download at a max of 100kb/s which doesnt bother me at all because 100 is pretty decent speeds.. the thing is, i can have absolutly nothing else running when i go to play CS:S and my ping is out of control, doesnt even register before i get kicked... this jsut started happening lately. my ping on ventrilo is 20, can still download at that 100kb/s i dotn get it why when i play cs:s... and sometimes wow, its off and on with that game... that my ping is just so massive it soemtimes actually crashes the game... ive reinstalled hl2 itself twice now with no result, connected to the router through ethernet, worked fine, ping was 30 in cs:s. my question is... even though i cahgned no settings! what is wrong with my wireless? is there a chance that the card can go bad... or just crap out under intense sending? (although gaming doesnt use as much bandwith as downloading does)... please help out... could it be a driver issue?... just upgraded to amd64 from amd2400, maybe the first edition of the driver didnt have amd64 support?

site3op

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
How secure is your wireless? It could be that somebody is leaching off your connection and eating up your bandwidth. Have you scanned for spyware, etc. on your PC?

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
scanned for spyware. i know that my router is very safe, my dads obsessed with that stuff... its only in games that the bandwith clogs up....