Anyone have the ECS KA3 MVP? I have a question!

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Hes right ECS = Junk
Your asking for trouble, nothing worse then having to rma your mb and be without your computer or worse replacing it with another board and reinstalling windoze plus all your apps.(Normally required anyway)

G

Reviews I hve read were all good. Its ATI 3200 and AM2. Its a nice board. The only other choice I can find is an MSI board Here.

I think I will suffice, this is going to be my first build. It also comes with a very good bundle.

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Well all I can say is good luck.
I tried ecs twice and both times I had to rma it and both times it took me about 2 weeks just to get them to give me an rma# to send it back.
Ended up being without the computer for over a month both times.
It aint worth saving a couple of bucks to deal with that crap.

Rogueone

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I bought one last week. For the most part it's great, I've never seen a Mobo with so many cables and extras!!

anyway, I'm posting a new topic here since all of my issues don't really fit this thread, especially if it's my fault :)

Rogueone

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
oh, and something very nice for when things go really bad, it has something called a top hat flash, which is a bios chip in a module that slips over the motherboards chip, so override a corrupted flash, making it easier to reflash if a bios flash goes poorly.