.BAT files in PPC?

February 12, 2005 12:58:36 AM

or anything like them?

Installing the command line tool from MS does NOT
allow .BAT files to be run unless CMD.EXE is already up.

in other words:

just creating a .BAT file and then running it does not work,
the command shell already has to be open. Then .BAT files
work OK.

All I wanna do is batch delete the Pocket Streets pushpin files
and not have to do the damn pins one at a time from within
Pocket Streets. I know where they live, and their names, and I
want to be be able to do something like this (from the shorcut, NOT
from File Explorer or Resco, that's too many steps):

cd \Flash ROM Disk\
del *.psp

Look simple enough, right?

Doesn't work unless executed from an open CMD.EXE
window.

More about : bat files ppc

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 2:30:58 AM

Just so you know... you can also sort the files by type in file
explorer, then either;

tap/drag or tap

then shift/tap

then tap/hold/delete.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
February 12, 2005 6:19:31 PM

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
> Just so you know... you can also sort the files by type in file
> explorer, then either;

Or easier yet, connect the PocketPC to the desktop machine and use Windows
Explorer.
February 12, 2005 6:19:32 PM

"René" <kar98@the-coalition.us> wrote in message
> Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
> > Just so you know... you can also sort the files by type in file
> > explorer, then either;
>
> Or easier yet, connect the PocketPC to the desktop machine and use Windows
> Explorer.

I appreciate the responses all, BUT they are what
I'm already doing. And connecting to a PC just to
accomplish it is not in the cards-these units run
standalone in the field, with NO AS PC support.

I want a .LNK in my Start menu named "Clear Pushpins"
that does just that, without any fuss. I'm going to deploy
this to my other field techs, so I'm trying to keep it simple.
I don't need the headaches that can arise from deleting
with File Explorer, such as deleting the wrong thing...
the .PSP files automatically get the name of the map data
file, but with a .PSP extension instead of .MPS which would
make that all to easy to do.

I guess I'm just gonna have to use the ol' .NET CF hatchet
to accomplish this task, when all I really need is a good old
..BAT file scalpel...
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:19:33 PM

I've attempted on several occasions to find some form of bat options
without success... actually run batch files, but, as you reported, the
file manipulation commands were not successfully executed.

To get the magic button you need, you do have the option of using a CE
programming language to create that tool in the form of an executable.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:19:34 PM

message news:o 8kg9wTEFHA.2824@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I've attempted on several occasions to find some form of bat options
> without success... actually run batch files, but, as you reported, the
> file manipulation commands were not successfully executed.
>
> To get the magic button you need, you do have the option of using a CE
> programming language to create that tool in the form of an executable.

Yeah, that's what I meant by the ".NET CF hatchet." I was hoping
for a solution that would not force me to spend an hour farting around
with the Visual Studio Professional IDE for such a simple requirement...

February 13, 2005 3:10:16 AM

I like the CE tool (from the PC) to do such work:

Here is the banner from the Help:

CopyFile/CE [2003-03-09] Copyright (C)2002 Cornel Huth http://40th.com/

I think it was free but I have had it for ages....

Guess I should go look for an upgrade.

--
Herb Martin

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:o t7k69LEFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> or anything like them?
>
> Installing the command line tool from MS does NOT
> allow .BAT files to be run unless CMD.EXE is already up.
>
> in other words:
>
> just creating a .BAT file and then running it does not work,
> the command shell already has to be open. Then .BAT files
> work OK.
>
> All I wanna do is batch delete the Pocket Streets pushpin files
> and not have to do the damn pins one at a time from within
> Pocket Streets. I know where they live, and their names, and I
> want to be be able to do something like this (from the shorcut, NOT
> from File Explorer or Resco, that's too many steps):
>
> cd \Flash ROM Disk\
> del *.psp
>
> Look simple enough, right?
>
> Doesn't work unless executed from an open CMD.EXE
> window.

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 3:11:22 AM

There is a perl exe for PPC so maybe that will
work if the CMD doesn't have to be running for
it to run.

--

news:o NHoc3TEFHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in
> message news:o 8kg9wTEFHA.2824@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > I've attempted on several occasions to find some form of bat options
> > without success... actually run batch files, but, as you reported, the
> > file manipulation commands were not successfully executed.
> >
> > To get the magic button you need, you do have the option of using a CE
> > programming language to create that tool in the form of an executable.
>
> Yeah, that's what I meant by the ".NET CF hatchet." I was hoping
> for a solution that would not force me to spend an hour farting around
> with the Visual Studio Professional IDE for such a simple requirement...
>

> > Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 7:53:01 PM

Why don't you build a link that kicks off CMD with an argument of the
commands you want to execute?

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

"Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
> Why don't you build a link that kicks off CMD with an argument of the
> commands you want to execute?
>
> Dale

Tried that. Command window opens for a few hundred mSec, fails with a
"Unrecognized option \Flash" error and closes.
Have tried running from various directories-always fails
with the same error but with the \Flash replaced
by whatever directory it was in.

CMD.EXE is just broken-it simply will not run a .BAT file
unless the name of it is typed directly into the open command window.

Actually, what I think's wrong with it is that it will NOT accept
any argument when invoking it, even though HELP CMD says
it will. Either that or I'm an idiot and missing something really
simple.

> V Green wrote:
> > "René" <kar98@the-coalition.us> wrote in message

> >>Or easier yet, connect the PocketPC to the desktop machine and use
Windows
> >>Explorer.
> >>

> > I appreciate the responses all, BUT they are what
> > I'm already doing. And connecting to a PC just to
> > accomplish it is not in the cards-these units run
> > standalone in the field, with NO AS PC support.
> >
> > I want a .LNK in my Start menu named "Clear Pushpins"
> > that does just that, without any fuss. I'm going to deploy
> > this to my other field techs, so I'm trying to keep it simple.
> > I don't need the headaches that can arise from deleting
> > with File Explorer, such as deleting the wrong thing...
> > the .PSP files automatically get the name of the map data
> > file, but with a .PSP extension instead of .MPS which would
> > make that all to easy to do.
> >
> > I guess I'm just gonna have to use the ol' .NET CF hatchet
> > to accomplish this task, when all I really need is a good old
> > .BAT file scalpel...
> >

> --
> _ _ Dale DePriest
> /`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede
> o/_/ (_(_X_(` For GPS and GPS/PDAs
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:07:27 PM

> "Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
> > Why don't you build a link that kicks off CMD with an argument of the
> > commands you want to execute?
> >
> > Dale

Dale, your comment made me sit back a minute and reconsider-

and I got it to work!

Here's what I had been trying-

When you get the Properties for a PPC .LNK file, it
usually looks something like this:

your Target will be listed as:

"\Flash ROM disk\cmd.exe"

all inside the double quotes.

Well, I was attaching my argument like so,
based on the format of the existing .LNK
files on my PPC:

"\Flash ROM Disk\cmd.exe /C psp_del.bat"

which would seem to be the correct way.
but it ISN'T. The following is the correct way:

"\Flash ROM Disk\cmd.exe" /C psp_del.bat

(the /C option tells CMD window to close after executing)

Notice the CMD.EXE command line argument OUTSIDE the close
quotes. A little bit counter-intuitive, from my point of view.

My psp_del.bat file looks like so:

echo off
cd \Flash ROM Disk\
cls
echo The Pushpin files listed below
echo will be deleted-
echo -----------------------
dir *.psp /B
echo -----------------------
echo Tap File then Close to abort
echo or-
pause
del *.psp

Anyway, now it works, and I learned something.

Other relevant stuff:

CMD.EXE and the initial .BAT seems to need to live on the root dir
of your PPC. You can't \CD to anything in the CMD .LNK argument,
that's where the "Unrecognized option \Flash" error comes from.

This is not a problem,
because, as you can see from what I did above, you just tell
CMD to run the initial .BAT in the root, which can \CD all
over the place from inside it. Hell, I haven't tried it, but you might
be able to run other .BAT files from the initial .BAT file as well.

Anyway, to me, this is an important tool for simple system
maintenance stuff on the PPC as I go WAAAYYY back with
..BAT files, and can get quite a lot done with them.

Hopefully someone else will find this info useful as well.

> Tried that. Command window opens for a few hundred mSec, fails with a
> "Unrecognized option \Flash" error and closes.
> Have tried running from various directories-always fails
> with the same error but with the \Flash replaced
> by whatever directory it was in.
>
> CMD.EXE is just broken-it simply will not run a .BAT file
> unless the name of it is typed directly into the open command window.
>
> Actually, what I think's wrong with it is that it will NOT accept
> any argument when invoking it, even though HELP CMD says
> it will. Either that or I'm an idiot and missing something really
> simple.
>
> > V Green wrote:
> > > "René" <kar98@the-coalition.us> wrote in message

> Windows
> > >>

> > > I appreciate the responses all, BUT they are what
> > > I'm already doing. And connecting to a PC just to
> > > accomplish it is not in the cards-these units run
> > > standalone in the field, with NO AS PC support.
> > >
> > > I want a .LNK in my Start menu named "Clear Pushpins"
> > > that does just that, without any fuss. I'm going to deploy
> > > this to my other field techs, so I'm trying to keep it simple.
> > > I don't need the headaches that can arise from deleting
> > > with File Explorer, such as deleting the wrong thing...
> > > the .PSP files automatically get the name of the map data
> > > file, but with a .PSP extension instead of .MPS which would
> > > make that all to easy to do.
> > >
> > > I guess I'm just gonna have to use the ol' .NET CF hatchet
> > > to accomplish this task, when all I really need is a good old
> > > .BAT file scalpel...
> > >

> > --
> > _ _ Dale DePriest
> > /`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede
> > o/_/ (_(_X_(` For GPS and GPS/PDAs

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 12:36:22 AM

Because "Flash Disk" is two words you much place it in Parenthesis. In
addition you may need to have the last 4.2 version of cmd available from
Microsoft. Be sure to use the /c option to cmd and separate the commands
with &

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

Glad you got it working. CMD can be a useful tool for lots of things.
Making your own .lnk files are also a useful way to pass arguements to
commands.

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

Looking forward to persuing this!!!

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:26:59 AM

message news:o Lokt1kEFHA.2032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Looking forward to persuing this!!!
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Hope it works out for you, Bev. Glad to repay the favor-
your site has been the source of many PPC tidbits for
me over the years ;-)
February 14, 2005 6:27:23 PM

> Glad you got it working. CMD can be a useful tool for lots of things.
> Making your own .lnk files are also a useful way to pass arguements to
> commands.

Where do you get cmd from Microsoft? I searched and only found references
to it being an optional component that the manufacturer may install.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:11:01 PM

> Because "Flash Disk" is two words you much place it in Parenthesis. In
> addition you may need to have the last 4.2 version of cmd available from
> Microsoft. Be sure to use the /c option to cmd and separate the commands
> with &
>
> Dale

Dale:

You seem to have crossed this same bridge, but in
a different way than I did.

Can you give me an example, using the .LNK I used
that finally worked, with the "parenthesis" method?

my .LNK:

"\Flash ROM Disk\cmd.exe" /C psp_del.bat

your .LNK, using the method you descibe:

(goes here)

Thanks!

> V Green wrote:
>
> > "Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
> >
> >>Why don't you build a link that kicks off CMD with an argument of the
> >>commands you want to execute?
> >>
> >>Dale
> >>

> > Tried that. Command window opens for a few hundred mSec, fails with a
> > "Unrecognized option \Flash" error and closes.
> > Have tried running from various directories-always fails
> > with the same error but with the \Flash replaced
> > by whatever directory it was in.
> >
> > CMD.EXE is just broken-it simply will not run a .BAT file
> > unless the name of it is typed directly into the open command window.
> >
> > Actually, what I think's wrong with it is that it will NOT accept
> > any argument when invoking it, even though HELP CMD says
> > it will. Either that or I'm an idiot and missing something really
> > simple.

> > Windows

> >>--
> >> _ _ Dale DePriest
> >> /`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede
> >> o/_/ (_(_X_(` For GPS and GPS/PDAs
> >

> --
> _ _ Dale DePriest
> /`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede
> o/_/ (_(_X_(` For GPS and GPS/PDAs
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:13:59 PM

"Robert" <kilt-me@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
> > Glad you got it working. CMD can be a useful tool for lots of things.
> > Making your own .lnk files are also a useful way to pass arguements to
> > commands.
> >

> Where do you get cmd from Microsoft? I searched and only found references
> to it being an optional component that the manufacturer may install.

It's one of the Power Toys:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?display...

(watch URL wrap)

You don't need to install them all, just the ones you need.

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:55:11 PM

>> power toys <<

The version there now seems to now require .net and the readme indicates
that it requires 2003

I have PocketConsole 1.3 installed ...is that usable for this as I am
still running 2002?

=========

Note, to download the current powertoy files for 2003, download the two
msi files and execute the smaller one... they will extract to a folder
on the pc making the individual files accessable for copy to the ppc...
remember, can't see dll's with pfile explorer until you tap/hold the
whitespace below the files and select "show all files"

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:09:49 PM

rolling... ;-)

downloaded the CMD download link at
http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/applic...

ran that install on the pc.

that install drops a cab in a directory named "CMD" under the Activesync
directory which can be copied to the ppc and executed directly.

CMD.exe is then dropped into the \windows directory and can be launched
from there

When launched it runs under PocketConsole
http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/index....

It's a starting point for the batch file quest... will report what I
find when I have a chance.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:23:26 PM

message news:u5j3NsvEFHA.3244@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> rolling... ;-)
>
> downloaded the CMD download link at

http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/applic...

> ran that install on the pc.
>
> that install drops a cab in a directory named "CMD" under the Activesync
> directory which can be copied to the ppc and executed directly.
>
> CMD.exe is then dropped into the \windows directory and can be launched
> from there
>
> When launched it runs under PocketConsole
> http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/index....
>
> It's a starting point for the batch file quest... will report what I
> find when I have a chance.
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Huh.

When I d/l'd the Powertoys (which at the link I provided says NOTHING
about .NET CF and claims to be able to run on PPC's back to 2k2),
and installed the "PPC Command Shell - Command shell for the Pocket
PC 2003 device" item, it created a \Program Files\CMD directory with the
following
in it:

cmd.exe
shell.exe

the shell.exe is probably the Console.
February 15, 2005 9:15:49 PM

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:o ceO1MvEFHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> "Robert" <kilt-me@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
>> > Glad you got it working. CMD can be a useful tool for lots of things.
>> > Making your own .lnk files are also a useful way to pass arguements to
>> > commands.
>> >

>> Where do you get cmd from Microsoft? I searched and only found
>> references
>> to it being an optional component that the manufacturer may install.
>>

> It's one of the Power Toys:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?display...

Thanks. It's only for 2003 :-(

Maybe it's time to try that upgrade again.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:41:10 PM

"Robert" <kilt-me@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o D8Z018EFHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:o ceO1MvEFHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >
> > "Robert" <kilt-me@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> Where do you get cmd from Microsoft? I searched and only found
> >> references
> >> to it being an optional component that the manufacturer may install.
> >>

> > It's one of the Power Toys:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?display...

> Thanks. It's only for 2003 :-(
>
> Maybe it's time to try that upgrade again.

Check Bev Howard's other posts. I think he found an
older version.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:00:17 AM

Robert wrote:

> "Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
>
>>Glad you got it working. CMD can be a useful tool for lots of things.
>>Making your own .lnk files are also a useful way to pass arguements to
>>commands.
>>

> Where do you get cmd from Microsoft? I searched and only found references
> to it being an optional component that the manufacturer may install.

It is part of the developer power tools.

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:

> rolling... ;-)
>
> downloaded the CMD download link at
> http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/applic...
>
> ran that install on the pc.
>
> that install drops a cab in a directory named "CMD" under the Activesync
> directory which can be copied to the ppc and executed directly.
>
> CMD.exe is then dropped into the \windows directory and can be launched
> from there
>
> When launched it runs under PocketConsole
> http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/index....
>
> It's a starting point for the batch file quest... will report what I
> find when I have a chance.
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

I tend to use the symbolictools console and the Microsoft CMD. the CMD
from sybolictools is an older version 3.0 vs. the 4.2 from Microsoft. I
usally install the symbolictools stuff and then overwrite the cmd.exe in
windows and add the shell file to windows.

You can also try the symbolic tools Pocket PC version but I found one
serious bug. It you have your current context set to a directory with a
space in the name then commands don't always work right. It does have
more commmands available in the shell and color support.

I use the console from Symbolic tools because it has a cancel button on
the tool bar and a screen capture mode that I find handy.

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

V Green wrote:

> "Dale DePriest" <Dale@gpsinformation.het> wrote in message
>
>>Because "Flash Disk" is two words you much place it in Parenthesis. In
>>addition you may need to have the last 4.2 version of cmd available from
>>Microsoft. Be sure to use the /c option to cmd and separate the commands
>>with &
>>
>>Dale
>>

> Dale:
>
> You seem to have crossed this same bridge, but in
> a different way than I did.
>
> Can you give me an example, using the .LNK I used
> that finally worked, with the "parenthesis" method?
>
> my .LNK:
>
> "\Flash ROM Disk\cmd.exe" /C psp_del.bat
>
> your .LNK, using the method you descibe:

You can use quotes as many times as needed but, as you found out, the
quotes are for individula arguments. Quoting the whole thing causes the
individual spaces to get lost. In your example you could
"\Flash ROM Disk\cmd.exe" /C "\Flash ROM Disk\psp_del.bat"

you might even be able to have multiple commands separated by &

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

>> It is part of the developer power tools. <<

Could you post a pointer to MS CMD.exe or the developer power tools.

As mentioned previously, the only CMD.exe that I found at MS
specifically stated that it required 2003 and was a .net file.

Thanks in advance,
Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 10:29:04 PM

Download PocketTweak at tillanosoft.com. On the File Types tab, add a file
type called Batch File with the extention .bat. Specify the opening program
as \Windows\cmd.exe. Then try running the .BAT file in File Explorer. (You
don't need to soft reset after making the new file type.)

Hope this helps,
Scotty

"V Green" wrote:

> or anything like them?
>
> Installing the command line tool from MS does NOT
> allow .BAT files to be run unless CMD.EXE is already up.
>
> in other words:
>
> just creating a .BAT file and then running it does not work,
> the command shell already has to be open. Then .BAT files
> work OK.
>
> All I wanna do is batch delete the Pocket Streets pushpin files
> and not have to do the damn pins one at a time from within
> Pocket Streets. I know where they live, and their names, and I
> want to be be able to do something like this (from the shorcut, NOT
> from File Explorer or Resco, that's too many steps):
>
> cd \Flash ROM Disk\
> del *.psp
>
> Look simple enough, right?
>
> Doesn't work unless executed from an open CMD.EXE
> window.

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 3:29:37 PM

I am trying to do exactly the same kind of thing. Where do I get the
command line tool from? I have had a search on MSDN but can't find it

Many Thanks

Mike

"ScottyWZ.COM" <scotty_newsgroup-use@scottywz..com> wrote in message
> Download PocketTweak at tillanosoft.com. On the File Types tab, add a file
> type called Batch File with the extention .bat. Specify the opening
program
> as \Windows\cmd.exe. Then try running the .BAT file in File Explorer. (You
> don't need to soft reset after making the new file type.)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Scotty
>
> "V Green" wrote:
>
> > or anything like them?
> >
> > Installing the command line tool from MS does NOT
> > allow .BAT files to be run unless CMD.EXE is already up.
> >
> > in other words:
> >
> > just creating a .BAT file and then running it does not work,
> > the command shell already has to be open. Then .BAT files
> > work OK.
> >
> > All I wanna do is batch delete the Pocket Streets pushpin files
> > and not have to do the damn pins one at a time from within
> > Pocket Streets. I know where they live, and their names, and I
> > want to be be able to do something like this (from the shorcut, NOT
> > from File Explorer or Resco, that's too many steps):
> >
> > cd \Flash ROM Disk\
> > del *.psp
> >
> > Look simple enough, right?
> >
> > Doesn't work unless executed from an open CMD.EXE
> > window.

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 7:15:03 PM

http://www.symbolictools.de
Install PocketConsole. Soft-reset, then install CMD from the same site under
Applications. Look around there; you'll find NetTools (ipconfig, ping, ...)
and other command-line stuff.

Hope this helps,
Scotty

"Mike Trebilcock" wrote:

> I am trying to do exactly the same kind of thing. Where do I get the
> command line tool from? I have had a search on MSDN but can't find it
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Mike
>
> "ScottyWZ.COM" <scotty_newsgroup-use@scottywz..com> wrote in message
> > Download PocketTweak at tillanosoft.com. On the File Types tab, add a file
> > type called Batch File with the extention .bat. Specify the opening
> program
> > as \Windows\cmd.exe. Then try running the .BAT file in File Explorer. (You
> > don't need to soft reset after making the new file type.)
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Scotty
> >
> > "V Green" wrote:
> >
> > > or anything like them?
> > >
> > > Installing the command line tool from MS does NOT
> > > allow .BAT files to be run unless CMD.EXE is already up.
> > >
> > > in other words:
> > >
> > > just creating a .BAT file and then running it does not work,
> > > the command shell already has to be open. Then .BAT files
> > > work OK.
> > >
> > > All I wanna do is batch delete the Pocket Streets pushpin files
> > > and not have to do the damn pins one at a time from within
> > > Pocket Streets. I know where they live, and their names, and I
> > > want to be be able to do something like this (from the shorcut, NOT
> > > from File Explorer or Resco, that's too many steps):
> > >
> > > cd \Flash ROM Disk\
> > > del *.psp
> > >
> > > Look simple enough, right?
> > >
> > > Doesn't work unless executed from an open CMD.EXE
> > > window.

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 9:37:47 PM

ScottyWZ.COM wrote:
> Download PocketTweak at tillanosoft.com. On the File Types tab, add a file
> type called Batch File with the extention .bat. Specify the opening program
> as \Windows\cmd.exe. Then try running the .BAT file in File Explorer. (You
> don't need to soft reset after making the new file type.)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Scotty

what are you talking about. Bat files do not run in windows ce, period.
there is not any such thing like cmd.exe in Windows CE, period.

--
Frank J. Garcia
www.Tweaks2K2.com

I'm really glad I was here from the beginning of the thread, cuz I had
the same assumption as you when it started <grin>

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!