Files and settings transfer wizard

Ron

I have collected my files on the old computer and stored them on the desktop.
On the new computer when I point either to the desktop or directly to the
USMT2 folder, I get a message that says the folder is inaccessible. Iam
running on a LAN and both computers are connected with no problems.

Hi,

You need to set the folder for sharing. Open Windows Explorer to:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop

Then right click this folder and choose properties. Go to the sharing tab
and enable it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/