auragrid wifi extender

bbyby

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
Does anyone know if this auragrid wifi extender works with xbox also? I found it at www.nerdny.com.

kwebb

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2001
In principle it will work. RG-6 should be good up to a certain point. I wouldn't trust it keeping a 30-50Mw signal strong over about 20 feet however so in practice I would have serious doubts about it working well.

bbyby

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
i tried finding that on their where to buy section and didnt have any luck. looks like the same type of solution as the auragrid- instead of catv it uses electircal line though.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
It's has just been released. The first one I have seen over the 3-4 meg range. I have friends that use/have 2wire devices, supplied by their dsl provider. They work but only at a 3mbps. The 2wire is prone to breaking, also. My friend has had his 2wire Bridge/router replaced 3 times in 2 months. The reason I don't recomend them.

USR also makes a similar device.

You did not mention on the upstairs computer what you were using. And in relation to were the USR8054 is located.

My friend also has a USR8054. The My laptop works on his upstairs. But not against the outer walls. I have one of his antennas horz.

Download "Network Stumbler" and run a survey with a notebook. Make a map with the readings. Overlay it with the first floor. If may help you figure what you need. The Antennas will proably be the cheapest.

popxyx

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I just installed this product, read many of the mixed reviews. While I did not see an "increase" in signal strength in areas that were previously covered with my Linksys Wireless Router, I did see a huge difference in areas that were unable to connect or received a weak signal. I now have adequate coverage in all corners of my home! It was easy to install, tech support was quick to send me a TNC connector for my router, and I am now completely wireless!