epson perfection 600 software?

Anyone know of any freeware that will let the old epson perfection 600 scsi
scanner work with Winxp? Epson never did xp drivers.

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about epson perfection software

    Have you tried epson soft for some similar model like 660?

    "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of any freeware that will let the old epson perfection 600
    scsi
    > scanner work with Winxp? Epson never did xp drivers.
    >
    > Thanks

    "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of any freeware that will let the old epson perfection 600
    > scsi
    > scanner work with Winxp? Epson never did xp drivers.
    >
    > Thanks

    Have you tried this driver for NT 4.0? XP is NT 5.1. Who knows, it may work.
    When XP complains about the driver not being signed, Click "Continue
    Anyway".

    Try TWAIN Driver v3.7.7

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14566&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    That's a self extracting exe file which installs and put the the stuff in
    Twain32 which is ok, but there in nothing the install new hardware wizzard
    recognizes as a driver, cause it's probably looking for an inf file. I can
    select the twain32 as a source from a program for scanning put it won't
    work. Don't know if it's the twain32 or the computer just doesn't think
    it's installed. Any ideas will be appreciated.

    "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know of any freeware that will let the old epson perfection 600
    >> scsi
    >> scanner work with Winxp? Epson never did xp drivers.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Have you tried this driver for NT 4.0? XP is NT 5.1. Who knows, it may
    > work. When XP complains about the driver not being signed, Click "Continue
    > Anyway".
    >
    > Try TWAIN Driver v3.7.7
    >
    > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14566&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    That is not what I saw when PERF377B.EXE is run .

    It first opens a window that says it is a self-extracting file. You click
    OK, then you get another window with some information about where the
    self-extractor is going to put the files and two check boxes, one is
    permission to overwrite files and the other is to automatically run Setup
    after the files are extracted into the folder designed in the text box. (You
    can change the extraction location to one of you own choosing.) Choose a
    location that YOU want to extract the files, uncheck the "When Done
    Unzipping run SETUP.EXE". I suggest unzipping to C:\Epson600. Click Unzip.
    You can find that location with Windows Explorer, then double click
    Setup.exe.

    When SETUP.exe is run (by you double clicking it). Setup.exe starts the
    Windows Install wizard.

    Since I do not have a Epson 600 scanner, I will not try to install the
    driver on my Windows XP computer. Therefore I do not know what the installer
    does after double clicking Setup.exe, other that starting the installation
    process.

    You must have a PCI SCSI card that works in Windows XP to connect the Epson
    600 scanner to. That is a separate issue. Get a SCSI card that is XP
    compatible, and XP will have no problem with the SCSI card.

    You also will have to install the ASPI layer for Windows XP from Adaptec.
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/suppbyproduct.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FTechnology%2FSCSI+Software&fromPage=supportindex

    Or start here:
    http://www.adaptec.com/
    Click Support then SCSI software.

    You may want to read the FAQs on the Epson 600.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQs&oid=14566&category=Products

    Q6 says the Windows NT requires a SCSI interface for this scanner, because
    the parallel port in Window XP does not work well with scanners.
    Windows XP is a later version of NT.

    It is really time to buy a new scanner. For around $100, you can get a very
    good scanner with more resolution than the 600 DPI of the Epson 600.

    Trying to get the Epson 600 to work in Window XP is probably more work than
    it is worth.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    > That's a self extracting exe file which installs and put the the stuff in
    > Twain32 which is ok, but there in nothing the install new hardware wizzard
    > recognizes as a driver, cause it's probably looking for an inf file. I
    > can select the twain32 as a source from a program for scanning put it
    > won't work. Don't know if it's the twain32 or the computer just doesn't
    > think it's installed. Any ideas will be appreciated.

    > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know of any freeware that will let the old epson perfection 600
    >>> scsi
    >>> scanner work with Winxp? Epson never did xp drivers.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >
    >> Have you tried this driver for NT 4.0? XP is NT 5.1. Who knows, it may
    >> work. When XP complains about the driver not being signed, Click
    >> "Continue Anyway".
    >>
    >> Try TWAIN Driver v3.7.7
    >>
    >> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14566&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows
    >>
    >> --
    >> CSM1
    >> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    >> --

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    It does everything you said and when you run setup it puts the stuff in
    Twain32 where it belongs. It's just that it doesn't work and the found
    hardware wizzard still comes up and wants to install and now matter what I
    tell it it can't find a driver. My computer has a SCSI card that works ok
    in win xp and I did have the ASPI layer installed.
    Like you say, it's time for a new scanner. The reason I wanted to use this
    one is because it does 11X14 legal and they are harder to find.

    Thanks again.

> [...]
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --
    >
    > "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    > > That's a self extracting exe file which installs and put the the stuff
    in
    > > Twain32 which is ok, but there in nothing the install new hardware
    wizzard
    > > recognizes as a driver, cause it's probably looking for an inf file. I
    > > can select the twain32 as a source from a program for scanning put it
    > > won't work. Don't know if it's the twain32 or the computer just doesn't
    > > think it's installed. Any ideas will be appreciated.

    > > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message

    > >> Have you tried this driver for NT 4.0? XP is NT 5.1. Who knows, it may
    > >> work. When XP complains about the driver not being signed, Click

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    The only other thing you can do, is have an older computer that is running
    Windows 95 or maybe Windows 98 for that old scanner.

    Maybe you mean 8.5 X 14 for legal size.

    There are scanners that will support legal sized paper.
    http://www.microtekusa.com/smi700.html

    And HP has scanners with a Automatic Document Feeder that does 8.5 X 14.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

> [...]
    >>
    >> Trying to get the Epson 600 to work in Window XP is probably more work
    > than
    >> it is worth.
    >>
    >> --
    >> CSM1
    >> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    >> --
    >>
    >> "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    >> > That's a self extracting exe file which installs and put the the stuff
    > in
    >> > Twain32 which is ok, but there in nothing the install new hardware
    > wizzard
    >> > recognizes as a driver, cause it's probably looking for an inf file. I
    >> > can select the twain32 as a source from a program for scanning put it
    >> > won't work. Don't know if it's the twain32 or the computer just
    >> > doesn't
    >> > think it's installed. Any ideas will be appreciated.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    go to www.driver.com
    I think you will find a driver there for the 660
    griff

    "AS" <ars@TrasH.net> wrote in message
    > Have you tried epson soft for some similar model like 660?
    >
    > "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know of any freeware that will let the old epson perfection 600
    > scsi
    >> scanner work with Winxp? Epson never did xp drivers.
    >>
    >> Thanks

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Tried 660 and it doesn't work, but thanks. Think www.driverguide.com is
    what you ment.

    "BG" <bigriff@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > go to www.driver.com
    > I think you will find a driver there for the 660
    > griff
    >
    > "AS" <ars@TrasH.net> wrote in message
    >> Have you tried epson soft for some similar model like 660?
    >>
    >> "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know of any freeware that will let the old epson perfection 600
    >> scsi
    >>> scanner work with Winxp? Epson never did xp drivers.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

Scanners Epson Software Peripherals