Pocket Internet Explorer

February 12, 2005 2:23:03 PM

My Pocket Internet Explorer has stopped working. I can connect to my
wireless network and use Outlook mail on a POP 3 server and everthing. My
network connection is great. It won't even work when connected through
Active Sync cable. When you try to naviagate to a page I automatically get
cleared all cookies, and temporary files. And checked all of my settings.
What am I missing? Please help.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:28:33 PM

"David" <Saturn391@comcast.net> wrote:

>My Pocket Internet Explorer has stopped working. I can connect to my
>wireless network and use Outlook mail on a POP 3 server and everthing. My
>network connection is great. It won't even work when connected through
>Active Sync cable. When you try to naviagate to a page I automatically get
>cleared all cookies, and temporary files. And checked all of my settings.
>What am I missing? Please help.

You didn't say what Pocket PC you had, but this was a problem with
some 2002 devices. Run \windows\welcome.exe from File manager.

It will run the program that runs when you hard reset your Pocket PC.
Don't worry. Nothing will be lost, but it will reinitialize your PIE
settings for you.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll try some other things.
February 13, 2005 1:36:53 PM

Reply to message from "David" <Saturn391@comcast.net> (Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:
23:03) about "Pocket Internet Explorer":

Can your IE browser access your wireless network router web-page
maintenance utility? If so, your browser may be ok and your router firewall
may have blocked you from the internet - check its IP & MAC filters.

R Hughes <r__hughes@hotmail.com> Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:28:55 -0400