Tom's Guide: 22 Free Apps for New Windows Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Be smart stay away from tiles, I mean the unofficial US Government but partially written by Windows. Don't believe look up NSA works with MS on Vista which is basically the same back door kernel as 7 and 8. Ubuntu or OS X both based off UNIX is better.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I thought this was going to be a smart phone app thing. I've seen little suggestion guides on Tomshardware for iPhone and Android, but why not Win 8 phones? (not trying to make you look like bad guys, just wondering.)

While I may not agree with your particular list for Windows here, I do think it's a good idea to think in terms of new users, and helping them out. Many of us have lived with Windows for the better part of the last generation and so could easily be very out-of-touch with the new guy.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
App madness, I can understand if these were Metro apps from the store, but these are not
They are desktop PROGRAMS, if you want to play hip with the kids fine, dumb-down word for a dumb-down audience but treat us with a bit more respect

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Marcus52[/nom]but why not Win 8 phones?[/citation]

Because Windows Phone is a niche at the moment, there would be more sense to include Blackberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.