sgt0802

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
I'll just keep this post simple and plain. I have a HIS X1900XT. I play 95% of my games at 1900X1200 resolution. Will buying a crossfire card and hooking it up make much of a difference in my gameplay? I play mostly things like City of Heroes/Villains, Counter Strike: Source, Half Life 2, F.E.A.R, and simliar type games.
Not sure that it matters but just in case my system specs are: Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS MB, 2 gigs Corsair XMS 2 DDR2 6400 RAM, 750 watt OCZ Power Supply. Thanks for any advice/suggestions in advance.

G

Really straight forward answer: if it's not broken dont fix it. 8)

If your gameplay is suffering right now or you would like to add some anisotropic filtering and you simply can't, well it might be worth it.

If you can live with it, old off you can only get better price/parts if you wait...

sgt0802

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
Thanks for all the advice. I'm far from rich but don't have many bills so I don't believe that $450.00 more is going to make or break me. I think I will go ahead and order the Master card and go ahead and try this crossfire thing out. Thanks again for all the advice.