Best way to drain a WC system?

jonkc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Hi all,

I have ordered Primochill to refill my WC system as it is now time to drain it. What is the best way to drain the system? Do I have to disconnect everything or just unscrew the input line from the radiator to pump out the liquid?

Thanks in advance,
JonC

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
It can get messy if you try to remove the line from a low point. I would suggest that you either remove the line from the highest point in your system or remove a water block entirely from the cpu and stick it in a large bowl then remove the line from the block to drain it.

jonkc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Well I am getting a new case and 120mm Radiator so I am going to have the old 80mm radiator removed when I do this... So here is what I was thinking...

My loop goes from the Pump->CPU->Radiator->GPU->Pump...

I will pull the radiator and go from Pump->CPU->Drain Container Distilled Water Container->GPU->Pump... See Diagram...

2006202832747868023_rs.jpg

Would that work?

Thanks for the assistance..

JonC

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Any way will work but just make sure that you either hold the rad over a large bowl as you disconnect the hose or hold the rad up so that the connection point is the highest in your loop (don't hold the rad upside down or it will drain out when you pull the hose off)

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
you can use a hose clamp to squeze the tube so tight that water dont go though the tube no more then start to dis-connect everyhting

If i can find a pic of the tool Ill show you what i mean...

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
you can use a hose clamp to squeze the tube so tight that water dont go though the tube no more then start to dis-connect everyhting

If i can find a pic of the tool Ill show you what i mean...

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
I myself use a large measuring cup to drain into as well as a thick towel to catch any drops I miss...

before you connect your next setup you could put a T at the lowest part of your loop with it sealed off... makes for draining it much easier in teh future...