hey Tom Elliot didn't you used to have a microtek 5900?

I saw something about this in the google archives.

How did it work out for you?

There's one down at a local pawn shop that I'm to go
have a look at. It's much less than the cost of a
4x5 viewer, which is actually $30 these days.

thanks,

tracy

I still have the Microtek 5900 along with the "Find of the Century" an
Epson2450. Both have the built in transparency adaptor. The 5900 has a 4x5
and the 2450 has the 4x9.
The 5900 worked out fine. I just could not resist the $19.99 Epson I found
at the thrift shop.
Go for it.
Yours,
Tom
<tracym@askme.net> wrote in message

> I saw something about this in the google archives.
>
> How did it work out for you?
>
> There's one down at a local pawn shop that I'm to go
> have a look at. It's much less than the cost of a
> 4x5 viewer, which is actually $30 these days.
>
> thanks,
>
> tracy

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:13:07 -0500, "Tom Ellliott"
<1stroke@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I still have the Microtek 5900 along with the "Find of the Century" an
>Epson2450. Both have the built in transparency adaptor. The 5900 has a 4x5
>and the 2450 has the 4x9.
>The 5900 worked out fine. I just could not resist the $19.99 Epson I found
>at the thrift shop.
>Go for it.
>Yours,
>Tom

Hi,

Thank you Tom! I got it for $7 at the pawn shop. yay very cool.
So far it seems to work. I installed the correct version of
scanwizard 5 for the 5900, and the correct drivers and etc.
I made a test scan with a photo from a cookbook, and it was just
fine.

The thing is, there's no instruction book. I went to the microtek
site to look for instruction manuals, and all they have is
instructions on how to use scanwizard 5.

How do I use the transparency adapter? How do I check to
see if that light works? Do I just tape the 4x5 negative onto the
white plasitc in the lid?

thanks so much,

Tracy

Ok, I almost got it. I set scanwizard to advanced, then was
able to set to a scan for a negative, b&w. The light came on
just fine. The scan was a little streaky though. How do I tweak
it to get that out?

oh yay very cool a 4x5 negative scanner for seven bucks.