hey Tom Elliot didn't you used to have a microtek 5900?

I saw something about this in the google archives.

How did it work out for you?

There's one down at a local pawn shop that I'm to go
have a look at. It's much less than the cost of a
4x5 viewer, which is actually $30 these days.

thanks,

tracy
3 answers Last reply
More about elliot didn microtek 5900

    I still have the Microtek 5900 along with the "Find of the Century" an
    Epson2450. Both have the built in transparency adaptor. The 5900 has a 4x5
    and the 2450 has the 4x9.
    The 5900 worked out fine. I just could not resist the $19.99 Epson I found
    at the thrift shop.
    Go for it.
    Yours,
    Tom
    <tracym@askme.net> wrote in message

    > I saw something about this in the google archives.
    >
    > How did it work out for you?
    >
    > There's one down at a local pawn shop that I'm to go
    > have a look at. It's much less than the cost of a
    > 4x5 viewer, which is actually $30 these days.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > tracy

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:13:07 -0500, "Tom Ellliott"
    <1stroke@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    >I still have the Microtek 5900 along with the "Find of the Century" an
    >Epson2450. Both have the built in transparency adaptor. The 5900 has a 4x5
    >and the 2450 has the 4x9.
    >The 5900 worked out fine. I just could not resist the $19.99 Epson I found
    >at the thrift shop.
    >Go for it.
    >Yours,
    >Tom

    Hi,

    Thank you Tom! I got it for $7 at the pawn shop. yay very cool.
    So far it seems to work. I installed the correct version of
    scanwizard 5 for the 5900, and the correct drivers and etc.
    I made a test scan with a photo from a cookbook, and it was just
    fine.

    The thing is, there's no instruction book. I went to the microtek
    site to look for instruction manuals, and all they have is
    instructions on how to use scanwizard 5.

    How do I use the transparency adapter? How do I check to
    see if that light works? Do I just tape the 4x5 negative onto the
    white plasitc in the lid?

    thanks so much,

    Tracy
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Ok, I almost got it. I set scanwizard to advanced, then was
    able to set to a scan for a negative, b&w. The light came on
    just fine. The scan was a little streaky though. How do I tweak
    it to get that out?

    oh yay very cool a 4x5 negative scanner for seven bucks.

Scanners Google Microtek Peripherals