I have a Abit Kg7 lite motherboard What is the fastest Cpu I can use

nedrob

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
I have a Abit Kg7 lite motherboard What is the fastest Cpu I can use on that Mother board? I have 2 gig of memory. I updated the Bios Award 6.00 PG 8/10/2001 Smbios Version 2.2 I was told that is all that is avalable. I haven't been able to find a working link to Abit at all to get any info from them. My Cpu curently is a Anthron 1200. Thanks for any help. Ned Robbins

Fevves

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Stumbling upon this while searching something else, but seeing I have in my 3rd PC the very same mobo - I'm using Athlon XP 2400+ in it and it's working like a charm on FSB 333 @ 2000 MHz. I think I recall it's the very ultimate CPU you could use with this particular mobo, but can't tell for sure. However, good luck! This oldtimer jewel is something that still can give decent PC setup after so many years - 2 GBs of Corsair 3200 C2 ram, GPU nVidia ultra 5600 with Athlon 2400+, internal sata controller with sata 80GB HDD, WiFi internal LAN card and it flies for daily usage. It's no more a gaming beast but it's more then worth if it's working like mine does.

cheers

TRENDING THREADS