HELP: Scanner Microtek Phanton 4800

Castor

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

Hello,

I've been using a scanner Microtek Phanton 4800 for 5 years now under
Win98/SE/Me.
I'm connecting it to my PC with a SCSI/USB1 adaptor from Entrega and it has
been working fine. (Connecting it via USB allows me to hot swap the scanner
from from one PC to
another when needed....)

I'v' 3 problems now moving to Win XP Pro SP2:

-I need a driver for XP allowing connection via USB1

-I replcaced the neon light but the power(yellow) and ready(green)
LED/lights are still blinking for long time before stabilizing lighted,
which probably mean the condensator/capacity/starter is bad ... I would like
to change it, but I can't find the place where it is located !!! ?? So, ....

-I would appreciate to get an electronic copy of the ref/tech manual for
this scanner ???

If somebody can help, thanks in advance
Regards
--
Castor , e-quinqua
enlever le ~ pour utiliser l'adresse email

"Castor" <castor2cod1@~hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I've been using a scanner Microtek Phanton 4800 for 5 years now under
> Win98/SE/Me.
> I'm connecting it to my PC with a SCSI/USB1 adaptor from Entrega and it
> has
> been working fine. (Connecting it via USB allows me to hot swap the
> scanner from from one PC to
> another when needed....)
>
> I'v' 3 problems now moving to Win XP Pro SP2:
>
> -I need a driver for XP allowing connection via USB1
>
> -I replcaced the neon light but the power(yellow) and ready(green)
> LED/lights are still blinking for long time before stabilizing lighted,
> which probably mean the condensator/capacity/starter is bad ... I would
> like
> to change it, but I can't find the place where it is located !!! ?? So,
>
> -I would appreciate to get an electronic copy of the ref/tech manual for
> this scanner ???
>
> If somebody can help, thanks in advance
> Regards
> --
> Castor , e-quinqua
> enlever le ~ pour utiliser l'adresse email

Seems that that scanner is also a Microtek E3.

There are some manuals also. Put E3 in the box for model name.
http://www.support.microtek.com/

Phantom 4800 / Scanmaker E3
http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/58/58543.htm

You have to register (free).
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Castor

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
B5RHd.3982$2e7.1147@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...

> "Castor" <castor2cod1@~hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've been using a scanner Microtek Phanton 4800 for 5 years now under
>> Win98/SE/Me.
>> I'm connecting it to my PC with a SCSI/USB1 adaptor from Entrega and it
>> has
>> been working fine. (Connecting it via USB allows me to hot swap the
>> scanner from from one PC to
>> another when needed....)
>>
>> I'v' 3 problems now moving to Win XP Pro SP2:
>>
>> -I need a driver for XP allowing connection via USB1
>>
>> -I replcaced the neon light but the power(yellow) and ready(green)
>> LED/lights are still blinking for long time before stabilizing lighted,
>> which probably mean the condensator/capacity/starter is bad ... I would
>> like
>> to change it, but I can't find the place where it is located !!! ?? So,
>>
>> -I would appreciate to get an electronic copy of the ref/tech manual for
>> this scanner ???
>>
>> If somebody can help, thanks in advance
>> Regards
>> --
>> Castor , e-quinqua
>> enlever le ~ pour utiliser l'adresse email
>>

> Seems that that scanner is also a Microtek E3.
>
> There are some manuals also. Put E3 in the box for model name.
> http://www.support.microtek.com/
>
> Phantom 4800 / Scanmaker E3
> http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/58/58543.htm
>
> You have to register (free).
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Thanks.
I already have this microtek.inf file from this site. It doesn't solve the
connection through SCSI/USB adaptor which was previously running with Win
98SE/Me ...
Regards

> "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> B5RHd.3982$2e7.1147@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>> "Castor" <castor2cod1@~hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been using a scanner Microtek Phanton 4800 for 5 years now under
>>> Win98/SE/Me.
>>> I'm connecting it to my PC with a SCSI/USB1 adaptor from Entrega and it
>>> has
>>> been working fine. (Connecting it via USB allows me to hot swap the
>>> scanner from from one PC to
>>> another when needed....)
>>>
>>> I'v' 3 problems now moving to Win XP Pro SP2:
>>>
>>> -I need a driver for XP allowing connection via USB1
>>>
>>> -I replcaced the neon light but the power(yellow) and ready(green)
>>> LED/lights are still blinking for long time before stabilizing lighted,
>>> which probably mean the condensator/capacity/starter is bad ... I would
>>> like
>>> to change it, but I can't find the place where it is located !!! ?? So,
>>>
>>> -I would appreciate to get an electronic copy of the ref/tech manual for
>>> this scanner ???
>>>
>>> If somebody can help, thanks in advance
>>> Regards
>>> --
>>> Castor , e-quinqua
>>> enlever le ~ pour utiliser l'adresse email
>>>

>> Seems that that scanner is also a Microtek E3.
>>
>> There are some manuals also. Put E3 in the box for model name.
>> http://www.support.microtek.com/
>>
>> Phantom 4800 / Scanmaker E3
>> http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/58/58543.htm
>>
>> You have to register (free).
>> --
>> CSM1
>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>

> Thanks.
> I already have this microtek.inf file from this site. It doesn't solve
> the connection through SCSI/USB adaptor which was previously running with
> Win 98SE/Me ...
> Regards

For the scsi card you have to have one that works in Windows XP. Windows XP
will have built-in drivers for some scsi cards. You also have to have ASPI
installed for XP to see scsi scanners.

The ASPI package.
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FProduct%2FASPI-4.70&prodkey=Windows+ASPI+Package

Did you check the Microtek site? they have an actual driver and manuals. you
have to look for The Scanmaker E6 scanner.

This is the Scanmaker E6 scanner download for manuals and software.
http://www.support.microtek.com/product_dtl_2.phtml?prod_id=dsc014&ctgy=7

The driver is ScanWizard version 2.60.