here it is.............i go into yahoo games.....edit profile............edit
picture.........up pops a window to browse......click on browse.....up pos
another window this time the option is a file name drop down
box.........click on the arrow and old previous viewed files are there. how
do i get rid of that history? right click does not work it gives an option
to delete but like i said does not work thanks using WINDOWS XP PRO

Dan

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 07:37:03 -0800, DannyKaye wrote:

> here it is.............i go into yahoo games.....edit profile............edit
> picture.........up pops a window to browse......click on browse.....up pos
> another window this time the option is a file name drop down
> box.........click on the arrow and old previous viewed files are there. how
> do i get rid of that history? right click does not work it gives an option
> to delete but like i said does not work thanks using WINDOWS XP PRO
>
> Dan

Unless yahoo games does something really odd, the drop down list is not
showing history. It's showing the files in the folder that the Browse
window is focused on.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon its showing C:/settings and documents/my name/ etc...basically
whatever i viewed / opened went to the drop down.

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:49:02 -0800, DannyKaye wrote:

> Sharon its showing C:/settings and documents/my name/ etc...basically
> whatever i viewed / opened went to the drop down.

Sorry. Not understanding what the problem is here. Some general info:

Most Windows programs will default to C:\Documents and Settings\<your
name>\<your> Documents for saving files. Internet Explorer departs from
that behavior and "remembers" the last folder that you have saved a file
to. If you want to save to a different folder, change the "Save In"
location.

The new location will become the remembered folder and will be visible in
the dialog box the next time File> Save (As) is used. Only the last folder
used is remembered. There is no other history of locations to choose from.
The folders and locations shown in the Save Dialog box are a 'mini-view" of
the file management tool. They are representations of actual folders and
not a part of history.

There is a hidden ..\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Local
Settings\History folder. That tracks folders and files accessed locally
(local machine and local network) and on the internet. This folder can be
cleared by opening Internet Options and clicking Clear History on the
General page. Or you can clear it by using Start> (All) Programs>
Accessories> System Tools> Disk Cleanup

If I've missed the point of your question entirely, sorry. Rephrase the
question and possibly include more details and we'll try again.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon thanks for your help. I think my best explanation is still my first
email. Can you walk through the steps I described? I tried the clear
history in IE and Yahoo DSL. Still nothing. the drop down box still has about
10 files in it.

If they are actual folders and not history then can i delete them? How? I
tried to search "files and folders using search files and folders....i typed
in C:/Documents and Settings. it found that folder but i did not see the
files i was looking for....

Thanks

Dan

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:17:02 -0800, DannyKaye wrote:

> Sharon thanks for your help. I think my best explanation is still my first
> email. Can you walk through the steps I described? I tried the clear
> history in IE and Yahoo DSL. Still nothing. the drop down box still has about
> 10 files in it.
>
> If they are actual folders and not history then can i delete them? How? I
> tried to search "files and folders using search files and folders....i typed
> in C:/Documents and Settings. it found that folder but i did not see the
> files i was looking for....

Sorry but I can't reproduce your steps as I'm not a member at the yahoo
game site.

General tip: Before clearing history, close any open browser windows (if
browser is open, the action cannot be carried out completely). Access
Internet Options via Control Panel and click the Clear History button.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon,

I contacted Yahoo and they its not them but a windows problem.