Sign in with
Your question

GeForce HDCP Enabled Video Card... List

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 31, 2006 11:13:48 PM

Hi

As the title says, can somebody give me a GeForce HDCP Enabled Video Card... List.

If you wonder why, is because Im interesting on getting a 7900GS w/ HDCP but I know there are other faster cards like the 7900GT, 7900GT KO, 7950GT etc etc but I dont know if they support HDCP so I would like to know first before making a decision.

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2006 2:43:32 AM

Don't have a solid list, but from memory;

GF7600GS, GF7900GS, GF7950 GX2 , GF7950GT.

But the GF7900GS and GF7600GS come in both HDCP and non-HDCP models. Only the GF7950 series has it throughout IIRC.
November 1, 2006 9:23:16 AM

the GF 7950GT is way too expensive for now as well as the 7950GX2.

Well I really dont care about the 7600GS because is mid-range now. So I think Ill just keep going with the 7900GS.

Yeah I know, the 7900GS has a HDCP and non-HDCP models, you need to check the picture on the retail box.

Thanks for your help
Related resources
May 25, 2007 5:15:23 PM

Funny how this thread ranks at the top of a Google search for hdcp geforce, as it's totally useless. HDCP compliance is not a question of the core chipset, but rather each manufacturer's implementation.

We need an HDCP compliance list, but it's certainly nowhere to be found at Tom's Hardware.
May 25, 2007 5:32:22 PM

And is funny how u open this 6 month old thread to give a useless comment.
May 25, 2007 5:37:09 PM

Crap, now that I clicked on this thread it's page rank goes up yet again.
a b U Graphics card
May 25, 2007 9:28:38 PM

Quote:
Funny how this thread ranks at the top of a Google search for hdcp geforce, as it's totally useless. HDCP compliance is not a question of the core chipset, but rather each manufacturer's implementation.

Just to clear things up for the n00b and others who come here, some series (which most people confuse with a 'core chipset' :roll: ) are the only ones given the attention of getting crypto keys and the required hardware to do the HDCP handshake. Like all GF8600GTSs are supposed to be HDCP enabled, while only SOME GF8600GT cards will have this feature. The same with ATi, their X1950Pros were all given full HDCP while that was not the case with other models in the X19xx line.

Quote:
We need an HDCP compliance list, but it's certainly nowhere to be found at Tom's Hardware.

The quick reply was never meant to be a reference on HDCP for general inquiries so much as a quick reply as to which cards to look for. There are HDCP compliance lists out there, but if you bother to check them they are far from complete.

If you want to make an incomplete list as well, then have at 'er.

But I agree with slim, your post contributed nothing to the discussion.
May 25, 2007 9:31:33 PM

I would also like to add that 6 months ago, HDCP was unknown for many people so it wasnt a useless question at all.

Thanks to all the boxes of the 8800 cards, many people now know and learned about HDCP, DRM and all that crap that we all hate this days.
a b U Graphics card
May 25, 2007 11:12:00 PM

Yep back then it was a major pain in the butt because the IHVs were just starting to worry about it (after the previous winter's fiasco); and it's still really bad to try and find out any information for laptops, even contacting the companies directly offered little insight into whtether they were HDCP capable or enabled.
!