Tom's Guide: 9 Nintendo Emulators for Desktop PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Why would I want to run an emulator on my PC's 26" LCD when I can just use my actual NES with my 50" TV and my two wireless NES Advantage arcade controllers? :D

G

[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Why would I want to run an emulator on my PC's 26" LCD when I can just use my actual NES with my 50" TV and my two wireless NES Advantage arcade controllers?[/citation]
I agree, but some of us have a broken nes that doesn't work and i am tired of blowing into the cartage till tears flow down my cheeks and chest.

dextronaut

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]I agree, but some of us have a broken nes that doesn't work and i am tired of blowing into the cartage till tears flow down my cheeks and chest.[/citation]

lmaoooooooo thats the funniest thing Ive read all day and possibly week.
I personally rock the SNES.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]I agree, but some of us have a broken nes that doesn't work and i am tired of blowing into the cartage till tears flow down my cheeks and chest.[/citation]
Way easy & cheap fix

Ill stick with nesticle for my Nintendo emulation. Zsnes is about the best one I have used for super Nintendo. For the super Nintendo I have always used ultrahlp and project 64.

I know this isn't the place but I have found stella to be about the best Atari emulation.

filenotfound

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
are you kidding me?
no$GBA is your listed best NDS emulator?.... its utter trash...
it has horrid compatibility with games
the way it handles game saves is horrible
it has no extra features or settings
its been a dead project for over 3 years

DeSmuME is a FAR FAR FAR better emulator, and has been for a few years now....

As for the comment above about emulation vs console
quite a few of the emulators can play games as good as consoles can, with the added bonus of texture mods, HQ filters and AA/AF, HD resolutions...
you go ahead and play an nes on a 50" tv at like 420x240 resolution....

and you can use an hdmi cable from your computer > a tv.... like really... its not like its that hard to do or that uncommon....

Like i own every console, but i prefer emulators, since you can do much more with them. GC/WII/PS2 at 1080P with like 3-6x IR and 2-8AA! ppssh, after playing like that, the use of real consoles should be illegal...

Gaming on a pc is ALWAYS better then gaming on a console, even when you playing a console system/game on a pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.