Frank Saunders,
is doing a good job of informing newbie's regarding danger of spywares and
how to take precaution against them.
He specifically asks to download a copy of LSPFIX before proceeding to
remove spywares as the process of removing certain malware may kill the
internet connection.
I had experienced similar problem and used system restore to restore my
internet connection.
While going to the site for downloading I found the following comments:

"You should only use this utility if you experience the described problems,
and only as a last resort."

In view of above I will be grateful if you let me know if there any risk to
system in using LSPIX or not.
Thanx and Regards.

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:39:51 +0530, Jagdish Chandra wrote:

> While going to the site for downloading I found the following comments:
>
> "You should only use this utility if you experience the described problems,
> and only as a last resort."
>
> In view of above I will be grateful if you let me know if there any risk to
> system in using LSPIX or not.

I hope Frank will be along to comment but until then...

"If it's not broken, don't fix it" but since the removal of some spyware is
known to destroy connectivity, the lspfix tool is a good thing to have on
hand beforehand. If the adware removal doesn't change the ability to
connect, then don't use it.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

While I know of no problem, I would wonder why one would run it if one did
not need to. I certainly wouldn't run such a program if not needed.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com